Motorlands (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Any one had any dealings with Motorland Preston? Friend of mine going up to view a Hymer. BUSBY:Smile:

Revk

Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
swift Royale 630
Exp
Take great care, bought from them, but they didn't clean the van inside before we collected, had to spend days deep cleaning the upholstery. yes we bought cheap knowing there was work to be done, but wouldn't go back there again:Sad:

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I bought my Hymer from them...van was very clean..in fact I was very pleased with it...My sister also bought a Hymer from him as well...she is well pleased with the van..I would certainly go back..

Shirl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I know they used to take part x vans from Brownhills, when they operated from Preston, because they took my previous PVC. Had minor dealings with Motorland at the time and they seemed to be a reasonable outfit. Should have decent Hymer knowledge with having had the link with Brownhills, who were Hymer agents until Preston closed.

Last edited:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Went there once to try to look at a van.No-one seemed at all interested in showing us anything and in the end we gave up and went on our way.It would probably be best to arrange a viewing if you were going to look at something specific.Very crowded site and couldn't even get inside the vans when we were there.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
went to view a couple of vans in the 10 to 12 k bracket. Young chap on site was helpful , told us that the Laika we wanted to look at was just up the road & gave us the keys saying that it had not yet been valeted.We had a look & it needed a LOT more than a valet.We said thanks and walked away. I suppose these smaller dealers are reluctant to put cash into rectification in todays climate,but why do they post fantastic pictures on the net to attract buyers from 100's of miles away KNOWING that the veh is going to turn people off? Especially in the knowledge that we all share our opinions on internet forums.
As I say,helpful chap,but a waste of diesel in my case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
Before my sister bought her hymer there was a few things needing doing...All the upholstery was re done (very professional job I may add). The valeting and jobs needing doing are done before any money is handed over....I can see that these jobs are only done when the van is going to be sold as it would not be very cost effective to do all the things before a potential sale as vans can sit for long enough before being sold. I was able to look round all the vans in peace without any problem. I do think the prices of his vans are very reasonable .

Shirl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back