Motorhoming Is Going To Be So Much Fun......

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Ja63, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Ja63

Ja63

I've just watched a bit of A Place in the Sun and had a satisfying little sigh to myself that we don't need to own a villa/apartment or whatever because we can go to any of those places featured and move on somewhere else exciting when we're done! No disappointment about not being able to find or afford a place that has got a sea view or whatever, we can find our own view and just turn the engine off for a while!

Not knocking anyone who has either of those things (we have owned a Florida villa and a static caravan in Wales for 6 and 10 years respectively but sold them both in the last 3 years because of the flexibility and appeal of motorhoming). Both of them were fantastic for the first 6 visits or so, then we started to think of what we were missing out on by going to the same 2 places for every holiday.

10 days till we pick our motorhome up (been delayed by a couple of days, I can't wait till we start finding lovely places to visit.....

• Like Like x 6
  2. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Hi from Devon
    As they say home is where you park it .
    animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

3. maison

maison Funster

Could not agree more, and we have a holiday home.

Prior to buying it we had been Motorhoming for 15 years but sold the M/H to finance the purchase. Nine years later we could afford to start Motorhoming again and leaped straight back in.

Never regretted the cost etc. although I would prefer a few less rattles on bad roads, (the only kind we have around here). Still, it's fun trying to identify where the rattles come from and eradicate them them one by one.;)

4. ABZSteve

ABZSteve Funster

Put the radio up a bit, no rattles (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. alfandM

alfandM Funster

ENJOY YOUR TRAVELS

6. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I agree, we like to move around too much - short attention span I suppose. But some folk are happy to stay in the same place and enjoy the social life, assuming you are in a place where there is a community you can meet and talk to. Buying somewhere rèmote has its attractions too but you need to be pretty self-sufficient mentally if there is no one else around day after day.

I met an American living in the Gorge de Nesque once. His nearest neighbour was 3km away, on the other side of the Gorge and he loved it, especially when they were cut off by snow. They had no electricity either.

Being a softie I prefer the MH!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

one of our relations parents live in a thatched cottage. no modern conveniences whatsoever. They either shun the modern world or are extremely tight!lol. Certainly takes all sorts!

reading elsewhere today someone has bought a van they cant drive as its over 3500kg. it pays to not get carried way when looking at these big shinny boxes on wheels...

8. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Happy travels and welcome to the forum
    [​IMG]