Motorhoming in Blighty------pftttttt

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by laneside, Aug 21, 2012.

1. laneside

laneside Funster

The following three pictures show why we are so tired of Blighty and cannot wait to cross the channel on the first of September.

They were taken from our van at 3.00 this afternoon and I could have taken similar so so many times this year

Attached Files:

2. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Oh dear, where is that?

3. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

I must admit it does look a tad damp there mate..(Is that Todmorden Cricket Club as it looks familiar)..Hope it's a bit better for you in France or wherever you get to...Oh don't forget the pics Alan!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

May I remind you, Alan, that you boasted about towing your own personal rain cloud around only a week or so ago. May I further remind you that you promised to take said rain cloud with you to France.

No letting us down, now. We're looking forward to a sunny autumn :Laughing:

• Like Like x 5
  5. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Alan just looked at your three photos..WOW I could not believe it,.... as we are baking hot hot, in fact toooo Blo**y hot, its that hot we can not work in the garden:BigGrin::Wink:... Been like it for a while now...32,..36,....38.....and 40 deg....stifling but looking at the photo I am not going to grumble am I:BigGrin::Laughing::Laughing::Rofl1::Rofl1:...see you later on in the year:Wink:...what is it about mad dogs and English men work in the mid day sun...not this one:Cool::Wink::Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1:

You come over here for some SUN...SON...:Cool:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

39 degrees at Parc Verger and wall to wall blue sky. :thumb:

Who was it said "what do you want to move there for the climate is the same as the UK"

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad Read Only Funster

laneside - stop moaning and get some training in for the next Olympic White Water events - Olympians have to start somewhere!

:france::france::france:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Been glorious here. Had a fantastic thunderstorm on Sunday with a major downpour. The road was like a river. Half an hour later it was all dry again but the air was nice and fresh....

9. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Well dont know where you were but since Sunday we have been to , York , Humberside , Hornsea , Flamborough , Filey and now were in Scarborough .
    No rain at all through the day . In fact this is the first time ive been on the lappy since we set off , to catch up with emails. Too nice to be in.
    Warm up in the 20's , shorts and Tshirt weather .
    Its not full on blazing sunshine , but it has been out several times each day.
    Tomorrow were going to Robin Hood Bay :Smile: Then ....... who knows.
    Chasing the sun :Cool:

Ps i may have spoken too soon , its 5.40 now and there are dark clouds brewing to our left.
    We may be in for a bit of a heavy shower.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Alan... I would think you have already have one.....but just in case.....you will need a ACSI book if your heading for Portugal or Spain.....well worth the money...it was just a thought....if you can not get one for this year ..I may know a person not far from you who purchased one and has not used it...he has gone back to a static:Doh::Wink::Wink: he may still have it

Mel

11. laneside

laneside Funster

Thanks ever so much Mel but my Social Secretary says she has the ACSI book and the very latest aires book plus a laptop full of your favourite aires.

Just hope we do not drown overnight on Todmorden cricket ground before we get chance to use them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. K9Brian

K9Brian Funster

Last week we were in Scotland - mostly dry and some sun, Had rain one morning but dry from lunchtime and one evening downpour that gave us a nice lake. Even JJ said last night that he'd appreciate a quick burst of rain. I suggest you go anywhere but Todmorden Alan :Rofl1:

13. champers

champers Funster Life Member

We did have a few showers this morning but this afternoon we have had blue skies and sunshine here :thumb::thumb::thumb:

14. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Thunderstorm here now. Lots of flashes and bangs and it is slashing it down...

Had a good day sat outside all day so I don't mind a wet evening.

15. laneside

laneside Funster

Here is an up-date picture at 7.00 pm.

If you are on the east coast you have no worries as we have emptied all your clouds at this side of the Peninnes.

Thank goodness that we are only passing through Todmorden and not living here any more

Attached Files:

16. Campercaillie

Campercaillie Read Only Funster

.... Or .... in contrast, this, just last weekend in the Scottish Highlands.:thumb:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

That'll be because you wrote 'Humberside'!!!! :Angry: It doesn't actually exist as a county anymore and hasn't for donkey's years but it is still commonly referred to ... I assume therefore you meant the East Riding of Yorkshire! :thumb:

18. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Still working our way up through Scotland.

Arrived in Nairn today, sunny with the odd 2 minute light shower. Dried up straight away, it's actually very warm..

Had a great wild camping spot last night in the middle of nowhere next to a tiny loch, only 5 miles off the A9. I actually went out and measured the cattle grid and gate just to be on the safe side, before we passed through and up to the loch.

Absolute silence all night apart from the odd sheep Baaahing... No not what your thinking... And what a great sky...

Only had one night so far where it rained all through the night but the sun was out again before lunch the next day.
    Now this is Scotland so were doing well. Hope it lasts, heading over to the West coast later this week....:thumb:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Well it did rain , heavily and hard.:Eek!:
    But only for 15 /20 min . Now the black clouds have blown over towards the coast and we have blue sky , and its 18deg outside at 7.15pm.
    Just going out for something to eat and a few drinks.

Do you know , we love this flitting from place to place on a daily basis.
    We have yet to go to France , cant wait , but were not wishing our lives away.
    Its something to look forward to in our old age :Rofl1:
    When were child and fancy free:thumb:
    But for now , theres so much to see and do in our own lovely country. Staying in lovely little villages , we've never visited.
    We shall stick to doing " abroad" by plane once or twice a year, till then .

• Like Like x 2
  20. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Oh aye? So which cheeky beggar's thrown a girt big bucket of water over my van then? :BigGrin: