Motorhoming in and around cologne (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I wonder if anyone has stayed at this aire?
Screenshot_2016-10-04-07-43-13.png

And parked in town here,:
Screenshot_2016-10-04-07-44-59.png

We would happily cycle in from the Aire but we have the dog now.
Can anyone enlighten us on the eco pastille allemande which you have to have to park in this inner city spot. Sounds expensive ....?

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Details of the Stellplatz (aire) we use is below (sitecode:3981 on CamperContact). It's a 35 min walk along the river to the Cathedral or 5 mins using the train from the station directly opposite. I think it's around 10euros per night and does have EHU if you need it.

Cologne is a busy city to take dogs but easy from this Stellplatz if the dogs are happy.

Reisemobilhafen Köln
An der Schanz
50735 Köln

Allan

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks allan that's perfect
I take it we dont need this sticker to go there?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Yes our dog is fine in towns
We would leave him for an hour or so if we could but he'd howl the place down so we are resigned to having him with us all the time which is actually working out fine.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
There is a slightly convoluted route to the Stellplatz which avoids the need for the emissions sticker but to save the hassle I bought one anyway. They are not expensive and last for the lifetime of the vehicle. Well until you need to get the windscreen replaced anyway.

Allan

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
No it's not the expense - I don't have an address right now as we are travelling .

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Apparently we have to get to a TUV place - similar to our MOT places apparently
Any idea where we can find one?

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
There is a slightly convoluted route to the Stellplatz which avoids the need for the emissions sticker but to save the hassle I bought one anyway. They are not expensive and last for the lifetime of the vehicle. Well until you need to get the windscreen replaced anyway.

Allan
Well maybe not quite.....

At a special conference of Environment Ministers on 04.07.2016 the introduction of the Blue Badge was decided!
The Euro 6 badge or nitrogen oxide badge, should be introduced as soon as possible, at the latest in 2017. The corresponding necessary regulation which comes into force later this year, is almost complete.

The Special Conference of Environment Ministers decided on 07 April 2016 that the Blue Badge (nitrogen oxide badge) is to be introduced. For this to happen it is decided that smaller environmental zones are to be created in existing environmental zones in which only allowed vehicles to enter that bear the Blue Badge, according to the ideas of the Minister. Who then already has a blue badge, is no longer required to wear the Green Badge (Green Energy label).
Environment Secretary Flasbarth has spoken on the evening of 04/07/2016 after the Special Conference of Environment Ministers of the federal states, since the subject nitrogen oxides becomes pressing in the wake of the VW scandal. In his opinion, almost all the necessary preparations for the introduction of the badge and the special environmental zones are as good as finished. The early implementation is good to go. An introduction yet in 2016 is like.

This looks according to the opinion of Green-Zones.eu like an introduction by the end of 2016!
Special focus is on the city's of Berlin, Köln, Aachen, Düsseldorf, Essen, Gelsenkirchen, Frankfurt am Main, Stuttgart, München and Darmstadt. The senat of Berlin has adopted the proposal but the starting date is not known yet.The city's of Munich, Darmstadt and Wiesbaden will probably implement the new measures as soon they can enforce them.

Affected are all diesel vehicle owners be the way that do not meet the exhaust gas standard Euro 6 (NOx max. 80 mg / km). This would impact more than 13 million diesel vehicles. Only about 500,000 vehicles currently meet the Euro 6 norm requirements and they would consequently receive the blue badge instantly. These are mainly (but not all!) of the vehicles that are newly registered in 2015. Gasoline vehicles meet in almost every case, the Euro 6 standard.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Apparently we have to get to a TUV place - similar to our MOT places apparently
Any idea where we can find one?
As I remember you need a euro4 engine registered after 1.1.06 to get an umwelt 4 sticker.......for now!!!

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
@awg thanks cracking tip
Really handy spot on a huge park to walk dog and 5 minutes to centre on train. Local garage with food.
Very very busy though so get here early!
We got the very last spot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back