Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
A site near us then is the Two Rivers at Clitheroe and you can get day tickets on the river Ribble and Hodder

Another alternative is to use the CL site at Todmorden cricket club and the Pennine trout fishery is only about four miles away......always well stocked

My favourite, although not been for a while, is much nearer to you if you can find a camp site nearby is Blakewell fisheries at Barnstable

There must be many more, I will put my thinking cap on

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can't give any specifics but Scotland is the place to go. Lots of free trout fishing up there. Some of the lochs have monster cannibal trout but I doubt these are often caught on the fly. Trolling is the usual method, I've done it on loch Shiel. Unfortunately, most of the trout you catch in the burns and smaller lochs are runty little things in my experience.
Ireland was very good for rainbows decades ago but I doubt in these straightened days they are restocking the loughs - as the rainbows don't breed.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Long way from you but Reedham Ferry in the Norfolk Broads offers fishing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
If you are not adverse to paying CClub prices then Lady Margarets Park at Chirk, on the Welsh borders, has stockie ponds five minutes walk away. There is an attractive looking river running under the viaduct but no idea if day tickets are available

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
There is a site within a mile of Narborough Trout Lakes 20 miles south of Kings Lynn .
I used to fish there, was well stocked and not too expensive .

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've fished a few times on Stithians Reservoir in Cornwall although I came to the conclusion it wasn't my sort of fly fishing. You need a sinking line and from a boat you cast out and slowly retrieve dragging your fly just off the bottom. I had fished a couple of times before I twigged this but "deep sea fly fishing" wasn't my thing. It just lacks something. But there must be campsites near by.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
image.jpg

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Just spent a lovely few days at the C&CC site at Haltwhistle this river is yards away, you can just make out someone fly fishing, good walking area as well
Dave

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Cricieth North Wales Eisteddfa camp site is right next door to a decent small still trout water, Elan valley has a nice CL just outside Rhyader with fly fishing on the reservoirs and Llyn Gwyn small still water about 5 miles. about.

also a cl at Garnfwrdd just outside Cross hands Carmarthen 50 meters from a fantastic spring fed stillwater.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just spent a lovely few days at the C&CC site at Haltwhistle this river is yards away, you can just make out someone fly fishing, good walking area as well
Dave
Looks like the North Tyne, good trout and salmon fishing and reasonable ticket prices. A nice place to stop and fish is at Hoddam Castle on the river Annan in Dumfriesshire. The river runs alongside the campsite, again it’s trout and salmon but I think the British record chub may have come from there once.

mto

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
a newbie
Thornton lodge CC CL near Easingwold North Yorks is overlooking a couple of trout lakes. Very peaceful, adult only and nice views, about 2 miles out of Easingwold.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back