Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Staying with daughter-in-law & grandchildren at Topcliffe N Yorkshire as son is serving in Afghanistan.
Remember someone on Fun mentioning recently that they had stayed overnight on the carpark of The Angel pub in the village and so went for a pint there tonigh t to investigate>
Didn't realise until just now that I've been on line, that Kevin the landlord, started motorhomestopover. Sadly he wasn't there tonight but I do intend visiting again and possibly joining the scheme.
At £30 per year looks like a good deal!

Anyone in this system?

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
i joined last year . thought i would give it a go. mixed feelings. first stop very welcome had good meal spent prob £20+. second stop thought would support pub as i think you should if staying. but found only bar food so a bit disapointed at that point[you cant drink much if you are moveing on next day] we ate befor going to next stop, and got a bit of a cold welcome because we were not eating !!

i have sugested that the stopover directory includes a breif food guide.

but overall i think its worth the fee as it has been good as stopover when doing a long journey. will use again

hope this helps

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
remember reading threads from wildcamping site very negative about this outfit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

walnut

Free Member
Dec 7, 2008
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Exp
Great for breaking up a long journey by stopping over at a pub on the way.
Used it quite a lot last year, The Swan at Marbury was great and the pub we stopped at near York was the most friendly people we have met.
Only complaint would be the last time we used it in Chorley, two pubs listed as level carparks but where very steep so no chance of using them, waste of time.

coolasluck

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
Yes indeed the stopover scheme was information taken from a site which was free info which was then used to make 30 quid a pop.I wouldnt bother with it.
Any pub with a decent sized car park is not going to turn you away as long as you buy at least a beer or two or a meel.Just make sure you can stopover by checking that you can stay before purchasing anything,after all it is a fight for these buisnesses who have to compete with the big boys.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes indeed the stopover scheme was information taken from a site which was free info which was then used to make 30 quid a pop.I wouldnt bother with it.
Any pub with a decent sized car park is not going to turn you away as long as you buy at least a beer or two or a meel.Just make sure you can stopover by checking that you can stay before purchasing anything,after all it is a fight for these buisnesses who have to compete with the big boys.

totally agree, your 30 quit would be better spent on diesel ..

two free listings , there are others , try Googling

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/ukaires.shtml

and

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread