Motorhomestopover.co.uk

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by geoff1947, May 28, 2010.

1. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Staying with daughter-in-law & grandchildren at Topcliffe N Yorkshire as son is serving in Afghanistan.
    Remember someone on Fun mentioning recently that they had stayed overnight on the carpark of The Angel pub in the village and so went for a pint there tonigh t to investigate>
    Didn't realise until just now that I've been on line, that Kevin the landlord, started motorhomestopover. Sadly he wasn't there tonight but I do intend visiting again and possibly joining the scheme.
    At £30 per year looks like a good deal!

Anyone in this system?

2. nifty fifty

nifty fifty Funster

i joined last year . thought i would give it a go. mixed feelings. first stop very welcome had good meal spent prob £20+. second stop thought would support pub as i think you should if staying. but found only bar food so a bit disapointed at that point[you cant drink much if you are moveing on next day] we ate befor going to next stop, and got a bit of a cold welcome because we were not eating !!

i have sugested that the stopover directory includes a breif food guide.

but overall i think its worth the fee as it has been good as stopover when doing a long journey. will use again

hope this helps

3. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

remember reading threads from wildcamping site very negative about this outfit

4. walnut

walnut Read Only Funster

Great for breaking up a long journey by stopping over at a pub on the way.
    Used it quite a lot last year, The Swan at Marbury was great and the pub we stopped at near York was the most friendly people we have met.
    Only complaint would be the last time we used it in Chorley, two pubs listed as level carparks but where very steep so no chance of using them, waste of time.

5. coolasluck

coolasluck Read Only Funster

Yes indeed the stopover scheme was information taken from a site which was free info which was then used to make 30 quid a pop.I wouldnt bother with it.
    Any pub with a decent sized car park is not going to turn you away as long as you buy at least a beer or two or a meel.Just make sure you can stopover by checking that you can stay before purchasing anything,after all it is a fight for these buisnesses who have to compete with the big boys.

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

totally agree, your 30 quit would be better spent on diesel ..

two free listings , there are others , try Googling

http://www.ukmotorhomes.net/ukaires.shtml

and

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/pub-stop-scheme.html