Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
came across this website but it looks a bit dated, has anyone ever used it or any of the numerous places it claims to be accommodating? I.E. does it do what it says on the tin?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I have used it a bit and have the book. It is pretty much the same idea as the Google Map with the pubs on that someone on here does - it relies on being updated constantly. I've come across places that are on the list and have never heard of it and also places that are fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We used it last Saturday at a pub near Slough just off the M4.

It was great. Nice pub, great food and a quiet secluded place to park.

We hadn't used it before. I think it best to contact the places listed before you go there just to check if you are ok to park.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Why pay for a list of MH friendly pubs when all you need to do is ask .. ?
You don't need to belong to any organisation or club..

Most pubs, provided they have adequate parking space won't say no if you are spending cash at the bar.

Google map. "Pubs Providing Stopovers" belonging to Keith .. Fun member..

https://www.google.com/maps/mm?authuser=0&hl=en

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All very well but as, as been said many times before how are they on insureance and stuff, and you can't really drink and park on a pub car park , what happens if you get moved on, and by the arrangement of the thing you will be going in the pub so be carefull.
Not knocking it , used Britstops last year but not joined this time, found it can be dearer and less secure than cls and css and you end up round by the bins.
You pays your money and takes your choice::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
All very well but as, as been said many times before how are they on insureance and stuff, and you can't really drink and park on a pub car park , what happens if you get moved on, and by the arrangement of the thing you will be going in the pub so be carefull.
Not knocking it , used Britstops last year but not joined this time, found it can be dearer and less secure than cls and css and you end up round by the bins.

I totally agree...

I posted for info.. we also much prefer a CL .. not interested in drinking or using pubs.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's a good job we weren't asked to move on:Eeek:

OP
OP
yorkist

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet

sorry but cls and css - ?? new to the game......something camping.....site...obviously

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
sorry but cls and css - ?? new to the game......something camping.....site...obviously

CL .. Certified Location .. small 5 van sites licensed by the Caravan Club.. plural CLs

CS .. Certified Site .. small 5 van sites licensed by the Caravan and Camping Club.. plural CSs

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Ooh, just thought - maybe you might have missed Broken Link Removed by some bloke wot runs a forum... :winky:

Steve :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back