Motorhomes and wine - Free overnight stop-overs (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
OP
OP
Meki

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
There are a small percentage of "smart arse know it alls" on this and for that matter every other forum, ignore them and you will get lots of good advice and help. Welcome.
Cheers Paul, TBH I wasn't really upset, just trying to make them feel bad about themselves, I enjoy a bit of banter, negative, or otherwise :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Cheers Paul, TBH I wasn't really upset, just trying to make them feel bad about themselves, I enjoy a bit of banter, negative, or otherwise :LOL:
When I first joined Fun I asked for a bit of advice about something and there were about a hundred or so views and not one word of help. I must admit to feeling let down, but I stuck with it and very pleased I did. You will get used the banter and will soon give as good as you get I'm sure. Pat (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well that seemed to go over everyones head. I asked what was new since the last word on your link was history.

OP
OP
Meki

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Well that seemed to go over everyones head. I asked what was new since the last word on your link was history.
Most of what I write goes over people's head. Remember; History is written by the victors... Victor Meldrew

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Such a pleasant positive response, thanks for that chaps, it's nice to be made to feel welcome, I may not bother again
Please don't take offence
It's a timely reminder for people who may ignore France Passions in favour of Aires

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Yes the thread changed into something a bit better BUT, if I had been a new member and placed a post, something that I thought was of interest to other members and then read the first couple of posts, I would not have seen it as banter and the chances are it would have been my last post.

Fun or Facts??

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Because we don't drink have never tried FP.. and I couldn't stay without buying.. yes, I know 'no obligation to buy' but I wouldn't feel right not buying.. some also sell cheese but how much cheese can you eat .. or store.. besides.. there are thousands of good aires .. so it's never been attractive for us.

It's the same with Brit Stops, bought the book last year and tried out a pub stop.. but after buying a meal and a coffee it cost more than a campsite ... great idea if you plan to eat out and have a drink anyway.. .. but for me, it was an expensive 'free' night..

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Most of what I write goes over people's head. Remember; History is written by the victors... Victor Meldrew

I didn't come here to be insulted. Really, where do you usually go?

The old ones are the best old ones.

Because we don't drink have never tried FP.. and I couldn't stay without buying.. yes, I know 'no obligation to buy' but I wouldn't feel right not buying.. some also sell cheese but how much cheese can you eat .. or store.. besides.. there are thousands of good aires .. so it's never been attractive for us.

It's the same with Brit Stops, bought the book last year and tried out a pub stop.. but after buying a meal and a coffee it cost more than a campsite ... great idea if you plan to eat out and have a drink anyway.. .. but for me, it was an expensive 'free' night..

We tend to use BritStops when we were intending to have a meal out anyway so it's a win-win. I drink very little but can always have a lime and soda, join in with a quiz or music night at a pub. Not all BritStop are pubs (okay many are) - we've stopped in some lovely places. BritStops are great when you are en-route somewhere. But each to their own.

One BritStop we used (pub with rooms and restaurant) was where our son was staying on business for a couple of nights. We just happened to be in the same area so serendipity at work. We BritStopped and had a meal with him. It was worth the membership fee for that one night. The meals were "two for one" so result!!!!! We paid for ours and he and his colleague claimed their "two for one" against their allowances. Very nice meal it was as well.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
agreed.. exactly correct..
Agreed as well, but France passion is a fair bit different than Britstops, in that you are right on the doorstep of a pub , and I always feel obliged to go in, fp are mainly farms and vineyards and most havnt even got a special shop , and sometimes you never see a soul from when you get there till you leave unless you go and root them out , and then they will take you into there house and start giving you large glasses of their favourite tipple much like home brewers here, and maybe say if you like them we will get you some bottled for morning when you go, same with cheese, ham , honey, peanuts on one we went on, be brilliant if they were easier to get to.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We eat out more often than not when we're away so Britstops are a no brainer for us.

Haven't tried France Passion as yet but when we do a longer tour solely in France we will.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Searchforsites does list quite a few of them now, and that helps locate them which is a big help as the book is in French and although they now hav coords in there you don't have much idea of their exact location, along numerous farm tracks.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We eat out more often than not when we're away so Britstops are a no brainer for us.

Haven't tried France Passion as yet but when we do a longer tour solely in France we will.
You won't be disappointed, for a long tour they are good but you can if you are not careful spend most of a day finding one.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The map in the book makes them look very close to, but France is a big country , and one that looks close can be thirty miles away

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

Had a similar thing recently at a pub with 2 motorhomes ended up being over £150 for 4 ( but included a round of drinks and 2 bottles of wine). We don't bother buying britstops just look at the pub stops on here or just ring up so far most are fine without being in britstops and paying for the book. I can see those who use britstops because the people who publish it have persuaded the pubs to join ought to pay for the book but I am a bit concerned pubs that would be free anyway might restrict parking to britstop members and we might all have to join

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Had a similar thing recently at a pub with 2 motorhomes ended up being over £150 for 4 ( but included a round of drinks and 2 bottles of wine). We don't bother buying britstops just look at the pub stops on here or just ring up so far most are fine without being in britstops and paying for the book. I can see those who use britstops because the people who publish it have persuaded the pubs to join ought to pay for the book but I am a bit concerned pubs that would be free anyway might restrict parking to britstop members and we might all have to join
Put a like on but don't really like it , I think you might well be right:(

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Yes the thread changed into something a bit better BUT, if I had been a new member and placed a post, something that I thought was of interest to other members and then read the first couple of posts, I would not have seen it as banter and the chances are it would have been my last post.

Fun or Facts??

At 60 odd posts in the OP has clearly been using the site so will know by now what banter is. And as for the second post I see totally nothing wrong it . I think some of you clearly want to make a fuss about nothing. Maybe try thinking before you jump.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
At 60 odd posts in the OP has clearly been using the site so will know by now what banter is. And as for the second post I see totally nothing wrong it . I think some of you clearly want to make a fuss about nothing. Maybe try thinking before you jump.
This is true, can't understand why people get so put out and uptight , about a post on a forum , it's only the Internet not life and death, and as to this actual post , was everyone supposed to say oh that's good and new, even though there must be hundreds of posts on here about France passion and as someone else said its been going 30 years.
That's not to say you can't post about it again if you want , it isn't hurting anyone, it's just the Internet(y):)

OP
OP
Meki

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Meh, Chaser is right it is only the internet, you get grumpy ole men everywhere, the internet just seems to be a magnet for them :LOL: it keeps 'em off the streets and out of harms way I suppose :)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
It could be worse... you could be stuck next to these grumpy old men hearing them moaning away in a pub... at least on the internet it is so much easier to ignore them and get on with life...:D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Meh, Chaser is right it is only the internet, you get grumpy ole men everywhere, the internet just seems to be a magnet for them :LOL: it keeps 'em off the streets and out of harms way I suppose :)

are you sure it's not the pot calling the kettle black ? ;)

..:ROFLMAO: :imoutahere:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

Banter, interesting word that. Depends how you look at banter, I would think it is between 2 or more people that know you and have some understanding of your humour. Of course if the people that you aim your "banter" at do not know you or understand your particular brand of "banter" it could be taken as " rudeness ".

We could, as you suggest assume that when somebody has posted 60 odd posts, although he has only been a member for a few weeks, he will understand all "banter". Thank goodness this particular member seems to handle it very well indeed.

And I did think before I posted.

OP
OP
Meki

Meki

Free Member
May 18, 2016
The Earth
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Banter, interesting word that. Depends how you look at banter, I would think it is between 2 or more people that know you and have some understanding of your humour. Of course if the people that you aim your "banter" at do not know you or understand your particular brand of "banter" it could be taken as " rudeness ".

We could, as you suggest assume that when somebody has posted 60 odd posts, although he has only been a member for a few weeks, he will understand all "banter". Thank goodness this particular member seems to handle it very well indeed.

And I did think before I posted.
Thank you Billy, you're correct, 'banter' can just be an excuse to be rude, I have been on forums for many years, one instinctively knows when it is meant in good humour or simply being unpleasant, either way, I measure my response accordingly, some would just leave and not bother in future

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Thank you Billy, you're correct, 'banter' can just be an excuse to be rude, I have been on forums for many years, one instinctively knows when it is meant in good humour or simply being unpleasant, either way, I measure my response accordingly, some would just leave and not bother in future
Yeah whatever! We aren't always gonna agree on rights or wrongs. I see you never elaborated on anything wrong with post no2.... ..and rightly so ! . I really don't care if the OP or anyone else sees me as being rude..I have already explained my first post and I'm sure like me you all know where the ignore button is.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back