Motorhomes and the Isle of Man (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Motorhomes are in the news on the Isle of Man today.

DOUGLAS Council may soon be able to provide off-road parking for larger and commercial vehicles.

It has announced that it will apply for planning permission for an area of the car park behind the Grandstand, in Noble’s Park, to be marked out for large vehicles.

Earlier this year the Department of Infrastructure opened consultation on issues surrounding large vans and motorhomes parking in residential areas.

It said the department ‘regularly receives complaints about the inappropriateness of permitting motorhomes to park on residential roads for long periods of time, about the overall size of the vehicles and the amount of space they occupy on the road’.

It said the problem also extended to large vans kept in residential areas.

The charges for the car park are yet to be decided.

Here is the original, some of the comments are worth reading:Smile:
http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/motorhome_parking_proposal_1_3457608

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have a motorhoming friend who lives, (when he is at home) in the IOM, and he tells me that you can park up in much more places than are permitted in main UK. I have often thought of spending some time there but the ferry costs are prohibitive.

Doug...

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Take your Motorhome or Car to the Isle of Man this Summer plus 2 from €130.50 each way and up to 3 children travel FREE!

Terms and conditions apply and subject to availability. Vehicles over 5.5 metres in length will be subject to a supplement. Valid for travel between 13.07.2011 – 08.09.201. Dublin schedule is weekly, shorter/longer breaks may be possible using a combination of Dublin and Belfast routes. Child: 4-15 years (infants under 4 years travel free). Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Does not look like a special offer to me cheaper to go to Europe ! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
well reading some of those comments some of the residents don't want motorhomes or our money shame really as its a nice island.
maybe thats why the ferry prices are so high.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back