Motorhomes and Supermarket Parking (1 Viewer)

moonman

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
wirral
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2003
I find the mother and child or disabled parking bays wider than the std PB and therefore easier to get the van into and they are always nearest to the supermarket door and they have so many some are always empty.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've never had to resort to using parent/child bays - and most definitely not disabled bays because we don't have a blue badge. Apart from really small supermarket car parks there are normally plenty of spaces a bit further away from the doors.

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
go to customer service or if there a parking warden on site but most are run by camera as you enter the site tell them they will take your number as long as shopping at morrisons you wont have a problem i do a lot of work @ morrisons and park my van were ever it fits always covers two parking spaces never had a problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Whenever we go back to the UK supermarket and shopping center car-parks are always one of our major irritations.
Last year on a visit back to the UK and after driving around Milton Keynes shopping center for what seemed like an eternity we finally found what we thought was a good spot, where as others have said, we could use just one space by hanging the back end of the van over a grass verge. What we hadn't realised that the over hanging trees were as low as they were and we ended up taking a small chunk out of the roof on a branch.
To be honest in the areas we visit in the UK we rarely manage to fine a supermarket car park that we easy to find a reasonable parking space.
May be we are just spoilt living here in France where often super markets provide spaces for campingcars

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We visited Aldi when we were in Cleveleys a couple of weeks ago. I never saw the screen so perhaps it's a good job we were on foot :) I got the impression, though, that it was a bit tight round there for using a large vehicle at busy times :)

Hi graham
Yes not suitable for anything other than a car or small van in there :(, just up the road at the Amounderness Roundabout there is a Morrissons no parking restriction there I have seen many a MH in there, but like all others a bit tight for MH's, round the back of the store seams best. Pete (y)(y)
Ps The screens in Aldi are on the packing shelf.

Reactions: GJH

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
I thought I read somewhere that Lidl welcome motorhomes to stay overnight on there parking areas for free

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I thought I read somewhere that Lidl welcome motorhomes to stay overnight on there parking areas for free
No, not in the UK at any rate. There used to be a rumour that Tesco did because one of their bosses owned a motorhome but it was never - and could never be - an official policy. Any official policy would have to be backed by a site licence for each parking area or they would soon fall foul of the 1960 Act.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back