Nov 28, 2009
Portland, Oregon, USA
Funster No
MH
class A
Exp
about 30 years
Hi everyone on the site; my name is Martin, my wife's Sofia. 65 and 59
I am new to the site but old at motorhoming; live in Oregon, USA, but have traveled widely throughout Europe for many years since my job as a sea captain allowed me ample free time. Now that I am retired I would like to live for several months at a time in the south of France ( in a 6 - 6,5 meter motorhome) from where I would like to expand my travels of southern Europe.
I would love to hear from anyone having first hand experience or information on how to spend extended periods of time (1-2-or 3 months) in a camping/ RV park, etc. which will allow this kind of long term parking in southern France.
Anyone planing a motorhome trip to the USA and wanting general information/help can contact me and I will do my best to assist.
bergenblue44@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you guys!!!
Martin

P.S. there are some things about the site I don't understand, such as "tags" "Trackback" etc. so please dear reader, bear with me.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Martin and Sofia, nice plan you have there:Smile: France is without doubt the most motorhome friendly country in the world. It seems like most every village has it's own campsite (Aire) Many of these Aires are free, with only a small charge made for electricity and water. There are thousands that spend a bit longer and plenty of regular campsites where you can spend a few months. You need to buy this book. Le guide official etapes touristiques camping-car (The official guide to tourist stopovers for motor homes) Its available everywhere, don't buy till you het to France, it will be cheaper and up-to-date. If you can't wait you can buy it >here You should also visit this >site

You are in the right place to have all of your questions answered, just log in here and ask away, they are lots of experienced Funsters here who have been touring Europe for many years. Best of Luck and Welcome to the Fun:thumb:

flyingwelcome

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I would like to live for several months at a time in the south of France ( in a 6 - 6,5 meter motorhome) from where I would like to expand my travels of southern Europe.
P.S. there are some things about the site I don't understand, such as "tags" "Trackback" etc. so please dear reader, bear with me.

If you have been reading for a while you will have seen that already many FUN people have headed south for the winter. But France in the winter is not that warm so most head for Spain and Morocco.

I've seen prices of €300 for a full month quoted for some Spanish sites. People stay longer, some like to do a month and move on.

Summer. Different kettle of fish. France is hot. Every situation you could wish for there, beach, inland, mountain. With just one problem, watch out for national holiday times because it will be crowded in a lot of places.

Don't miss Italy, it's not to be missed. Beaches similar to France but the lakes, Maggiore, Como and Garda need to be seen before you go to the great dockyard in the sky.

So you've got the right idea, go on do it. Sooner the better. I think that, from memory, you are retired ships captain number 3 on here.

PS: I've no idea of tags, trackback. But it's just something to do with indexing on the search engines, don't let it bother you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back