MotorhomeFun's Position & Future

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by Jim, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I am pleased to be able to report that the site is presently just about making ends meet:Smile:

Our aim throughout has been to prove that it is possible to provide a quality site, funded by adverts alone, rather than the subscriptions and adverts approach adopted by our main competitor motorhomefacts. We have achieved that aim in just 6 months:BigGrin:

I have tried to keep the advertising as unobtrusive as possible so that the forum experience is not impaired, and whilst the last thing advertisers want is unobtrusive I think we have a good balance. We have a couple of advertising slots left and once these are sold it looks like we will celebrate our anniversary this year with a healthy outlook.

Of course if we had to pay wages to staff we would have gone under in our first month. The countless hours behind the scenes improving the site and fixing it when it breaks, is of course donated. Bryan in particular has worked tirelessly for hundreds of hours and continues to to do so. We most definitely would not be where we are today without him, A Big thanks Bryan :thumb:

A forum is nothing without its members, and we have a great membership. I make it part of my job to monitor other forums, and yes I am biased but.. I think what we have here is excellent, the atmosphere that prevails is fantastic and second to none, members are always cheerful, kind, courteous, knowledgeable and above all fun. So a big thankyou to you too:thumb:

I am very positive about the sites future, we have a full year of shows ahead where we will promote the site as much as our budget will allow. Our meets and rallies calendar is brimming with member get-togethers and the membership continues to grow. We are here to stay!:Laughing:

Long live Motorhome Fun:thumb::thumb::thumb:

2. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: LONG may it Reign supreme. :Wink::thumb:

3. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Well said Jim!! :thumb:
    and a HUGE thanks to Bryan and all behind the scenes for the sterling work in making Motorhome Fun a great place to be :BigGrin:

BTW......its not my birthday anymore :Wink: :Rofl1:

4. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Yerr Bryan rocks:thanks2:

Well done Jim:thumb:

:thanks: to the both of you :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  5. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

I love this site and a BIG thanks to all those that make it possible:thanks2::clap::clap::notworthy:

6. ralph-dot

ralph-dot Read Only Funster

Long live Motorhome Fun :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ralph & Dot

7. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Many thanks to all for their hard work in making this a great site. :BigGrin:

8. RichardnGill

RichardnGill Read Only Funster

A big, no make that massive THANKS from me :thumb:

And common you business in the trade get the last two slots filled, you know it makes sense.

Cheers everyone Richard... :beer:

9. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

I have to say Jim, you and you're little helpers have done a fantastic job. In just 6 months you have managed to set up and maintain to a very high standard a very useful site and it's free.

He who shall not be named must be surprised that you have manged to pull it off so well.

Keep up the good work and see you at Newark

Dane

10. martyn

martyn Read Only Funster

Great job Jim and the team,as far as i'm concerned MHFun is the only forum worth visiting.Looking forward to meeting everyone at Newark.Don't forget your wallet Jim!:Rofl1::Rofl1::thumb:

11. Hugh Jardon

Hugh Jardon Deleted User

a big well done to Jim and Bryan and the team behind the scenes

its a lot of work i am sure but it is a great advert for how sites can look and operate

a credit to all involved:thumb:

all the best

chris

12. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

Thanks for making FUN a reality!

13. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Many thanks Jim and Bryan for all your hard work and efforts on behalf of all members. :thumb:

I am a member of 4 sites here and in the USA and this one is streets ahead of the rest although the USA one is very good. This must be the friendliest bunch I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Jan and I have really enjoyed our RV experience and a big part of that enjoyment is down to you and the members of this forum who we now class as friends.

Thanks Guys

Long May It Last.

14. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot Read Only Funster

Well done to all the hardworking staff, how much de you charge Traders to place adverts.

15. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

I keep asking for fliers and never get any, quite happy to put them in the Sales Office and on the Accessory Shop Counter and on the various Show stands we operate.

Peter

16. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

agree

couldnt agree more with your comments jim, this site is fantastic so a great big thankyou from me, and well done to bryan dn't know how you do it,:(must be the beans :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:)onwards and upwards :thumb::BigGrin:

ruth

17. geofliz

geofliz Read Only Funster

A big thank you to everyone involved. This is the only site that I go to everytime I turn on the computor, In fact my wife is starting to complain and its all because of the friendly lot on here. Maybe one day we wil meet some of you.:BigGrin:

18. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

good job well done, Jim,:thumb: and thanks to all those 'behind the scenes' guys.

i did see the wilders are asking for volentery donations so they arnt doing as well as mhfun.:Doh:

19. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

Well done Jim. Hope to meet you and some more fellow members at Newark.

20. Lindy-C

Lindy-C Deleted User

Peter, did you PM Jim like I suggested? I asked for a few and got a wad that gave me a black toenail when I dropped the envelope on my foot! :Rofl1: :Rofl1: