lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The price wouldn't bother me just the location, I can't see me driving about 400 miles for a round so for me it would have to be more central.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I've got no problem £35 £40 once paid £80 a quite a few years ago at St Andrews, the thing I think we will struggle with is location like someone said long way to go for a round. I think (do you) that it would be best to pick a meet/show and arrange a game around that, I believe at Stratford you could be there all week or as wildman says Ilfrecoombe that sort of thing then your other half could come???
Dave.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Hi again. Distances are a problem but it looks very much that Golf should be an additional event at a rally for those who want to play. If anyone is in the North Devon area and fancies a round at Westward Ho give me a shout.

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
I think we would need at least 12 flogers to form a society (MH Funsters Golf Society) springs to mind, original eh:RollEyes:, then we could get preferential rates.
Needs to be close to a course, we can't all travel in one 'van' and not many golf clubs would appreciate 6 plus vans turning up for a round.
At least one overnight stop and two rounds to make it worthwhile.:cheers:

DLT

Sep 2, 2013
pencoed
Funster No
MH
swift c/built
Exp
There are plenty of golf courses with campsites dotted around Britain

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have to say ALL CREDIT to MOODYBROOK - two full pages already

offers of help

site suggestions

Really hoping if not this year, next year a Golfing themed rally is organised.

There seems to be good interest

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I used to be a member of the Stag and Hounds amateur Golf Society, S.H.A.G.S for short, still use their handicap card to this day.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Graham (GJH) wont be attending.
He was banned from his local club for washing his balls in the gents loo washbasin.

DLT

Sep 2, 2013
pencoed
Funster No
MH
swift c/built
Exp
Where is the INTEREST gone

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Where is the INTEREST gone
I think the interest is still there but the diverse locations of fun members makes it hard to plan a golf day only hence next year when I go to a meet/rally I will post that if there's someone who fancys a game I'll take my clubs.
I'm also hopefully planning a meet on the wirral next year which we could incorporate a golf day.
Dave

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We stopped for a few days at PLASSEY near Wrexam, 9 hole lovely kept course, plus a roughish 9 hole pitch & putt , a driving range, not sure of prices but a good site for all the family with lots to do, pub, bar food, & shops, play area for the kids etc. Pete (y)(y)

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
I would be interested for def.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi again. Distances are a problem but it looks very much that Golf should be an additional event at a rally for those who want to play. If anyone is in the North Devon area and fancies a round at Westward Ho give me a shout.
There is a good golf course not far from the Peterborough Showground which attracts a lot of Funsters and I for one would be interested.

An organisational problem would be verifying handicaps as certain people like me, though regular golfers on municipal courses, are not members of golf clubs and have no official handicaps.

Norman

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
There is a good golf course not far from the Peterborough Showground which attracts a lot of Funsters and I for one would be interested.

An organisational problem would be verifying handicaps as certain people like me, though regular golfers on municipal courses, are not members of golf clubs and have no official handicaps.

Norman
The name 'bandit' springs to mind :rofl:

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
I'd love to play but I haven't picked up my clubs for a few years, a couple of weeks on the driving range would be called for.
I have never played golf but wouldn't mind a go on the driving range maybe other none players would like to try too just for a laugh if nothing else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back