MotorhomeFacts I didn't say nothing. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Well thats me banned forever on F A C T S,I very occasionally have a look on that forum as I used to subscribe.Had a look this morning and next thing this message appears,
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Shower of Canadian to$$ers,seems they ruin every forum that they swallow up,whether it be with advertising or banning people.:mad::mad::mad:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Been a few messages on Facebook of others being banned, inc paid up subscribers,,
Cock up springs to mind..

Gives you more time to be here on fun, I left the dark side a long time ago.. (y)

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Been a few messages on Facebook of others being banned, inc paid up subscribers,,
Cock up springs to mind..

Gives you more time to be here on fun, I left the dark side a long time ago.. (y)
I did say very occasionally only to see what a few of the members that i have met are up to,Fun is a much better forum.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I did say very occasionally only to see what a few of the members that i have met are up to,Fun is a much better forum.

Yes Trev, it's a cock-up by the owners (Vertical Scope).
To try and encourage new members they (allegedly) increased their free post limit to 150 but that seemingly fails when you hit 5 / 6 (the old level)!
The ongoing problems with members trying to renew their subscriptions may be being resolved though.
I dabbled when looking to change from caravan to motorhome but ended up here. Still look in now and again but ....................
Shame it's gone (going) downhill for their members.

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
I stopped going on there when I could see that a lot of the genuine posts put up by people with MH problems were becoming a dick dancing contest between members who considered themselves to be more of a subject expert than others. Fair enough there was good info but the personal slagging between these experienced members, whose opinions and views had obviously differed many times in the past, became too much. No Fun there anymore.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Well thats me banned forever on F A C T S,I very occasionally have a look on that forum as I used to subscribe.Had a look this morning and next thing this message appears,
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never.

Some guys have all the luck.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Read about it but never felt the need, so never been there.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I stopped going on there when I could see that a lot of the genuine posts put up by people with MH problems were becoming a dick dancing contest between members who considered themselves to be more of a subject expert than others. Fair enough there was good info but the personal slagging between these experienced members, whose opinions and views had obviously differed many times in the past, became too much. No Fun there anymore.
Absolutely love that expression "dick dancing contest " :LOL: never heard it before but so apt!!!!

Still laughing!!!!:rofl:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Seen some spectacular fights on there ! I feel for those innocent members who exposed to the bullying and intimidation that goes on. A suspect the owners see it as nothing more than an income stream.

Reactions: f6c
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
It Was the biggest and most active at one time, has gone right downhil, among those 'banned' by whaever method are those who were trying really hard to keep it going.
Most of the old member are on here or FB forums or both, like me, Not tried today, so might have been banned myself. Sad but life goes on friendships are made and lost with or without the internet.
It's a bit like retiring, I don't miss work but I miss some of the people.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Maybe Motorhome Facts has a new President who's fond of writing executive orders to keep the community safe.

As a resident of Glasgow you'd be a prime terror suspect - can't be too careful you know :)

Ebby

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Rapido 787f
Exp
Since June 2004
There was brilliant members on M/Facts,one that immediately springs to mind was Andy Stothert,he helped lots of us out with Fiat juddergate ,I came over to M/Fun when I found it impossible to renew subscription to M/Facts. Ebby.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I was quite surprised to learn that Motorhome Facts was the largest and most active online UK motorhome community.

JJ :cool:
... ask them to prove it JJ ... go on ... I dare ya! :)

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Maybe Motorhome Facts has a new President who's fond of writing executive orders to keep the community safe.

As a resident of Glasgow you'd be a prime terror suspect - can't be too careful you know :)
I may use Glasgow as my location but do not live in that den of iniquity.:giggle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I wont tell honest @bigtree hows the bikes doing?

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You would say that your banned from the other one (y)
I DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THE OTHER FORUM and have not for some time. Please read my first post,oh and by the way I have had a message to apologise for being banned. I have no intention of subscribing to it ever again as it has had its day and been ruined by verticalcrap. OK got it,end of.
Trevor.

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You would say that your banned from the other one (y)

I would just like to say that when I did get back on there were MANY members not happy at being banned for not doing anything and I mean anything,like not even posting at all. Maybe @nicholsong will be along shortly to back me up on this.:mad::mad::mad:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I would just like to say that when I did get back on there were MANY members not happy at being banned for not doing anything and I mean anything,like not even posting at all. Maybe @nicholsong will be along shortly to back me up on this.:mad::mad::mad:
I think @Gorse Hill was trying to be funny ... well that's how I read it anyway! I don't think for one minute he thought you'd done anything wrong to actually GET yourself banned .... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back