Motorhome365 The Motorhome Fulltimers Association (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A week or so ago we had a long thread running, Link Removed? In this thread funsters were discussing the legalities and grey areas associated with fulltiming. It transpires that there are quite a few causes for concern. Wanting to find a few answers to questions that the thread posed, I made a few phone calls to different government departments, for example I asked about how I might claim for winter fuel allowance if I did not have an address, I was told I might not qualify if I had no house to heat:Doh:
I asked the DVLA about the fastest turnaround time they could make when I changed my address on my driving licence and my log book. I said if I sent it to them today could they get it back within three days as I was moving again in three days, and might move another 65 times this year! The girl had no suggestions apart from giving me someone to write to. :Smile:

Well I did not want to write and change my address, and its then that I thought about writing to them on behalf of an group of fulltimers, so that got me thinking further, so I quickly formed Motorhome365 - The Motorhome Fulltimers Association

Here is some blurb from this new organisations website.
The Motorhome Fulltimers Association was formed to give a stronger voice to the issues that affect full-timers. Too often fulltimers are penalised because the system is just not geared up for those who wish to travel full time in their motorhomes, this can mean problems with insurance, pensions and benefits, driving licences, bank accounts, travel documents as well as the police. The association will set out clear objectives and then form a plan of attack to achieve them. This might involve letter writing, lobbying and petitions etc. The association is free to join, you must be a full timer or aspire to travel full time for periods of longer that 12 months.
So there you have it. If you are a full timer or you think you might be a full timer in the future then please do join up. Once we have a few hundred or so members we can start to add a bit of gravity to the campaigning. The association will need a committee and other positions, so please don't be shy in coming forward.

The website is at Motorhome365.com Its a work in progress and I built it with toothache :Smile: But it should function OK

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice one Jim, I have put a post on RVF with the link ...

Thanks Jim, I appreciate it. The more that join, even if they only have a general interest in Fulltiming will mean that (hopefully) our letters and questions will carry a bit more clout:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
just signed up.............. not full timing but intend to travel for months on end when retired :thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Joined up, not a full timer but very close. We only go back to the static to do the washing and cut the grass nowadays. Wish the new site well Jim. :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
just signed up as hoping to be fulltiming soon.:thumb::thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Proactive as usual Jim - just going over to sign up

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Motorhome 365

Hi, am camping in Spain, and have met a few english who have completly sold up in the UK and are full timing. 9 months in the sun, and then UK for 3 months. I will certainly suggest they check this this out.
From what I hear talking to them, everything seems to be a 'workaround' !

Sue :thumb:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Jim,

Have now managed to get into Motorhome 365 and registered last night, I can login but see a message saying still awaiting conformation email, I hit the resend button still no email, checked my spam filter negative, even turned my Mailwasher off and kept Hotmail open to directly receive the email still nothing,any ideas?

Is the problem using Hotmail as my address if so can you change it to my cftb.net one and resend the activation email? :Smile:

Mick
_____

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi mick I will look into it for you

Jim,

Have now managed to get into Motorhome 365 and registered last night, I can login but see a message saying still awaiting conformation email, I hit the resend button still no email, checked my spam filter negative, even turned my Mailwasher off and kept Hotmail open to directly receive the email still nothing,any ideas?

Is the problem using Hotmail as my address if so can you change it to my cftb.net one and resend the activation email? :Smile:

Mick
_____

waxy

Free Member
Jun 17, 2010
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
will be class A
Good shout :thumb:
Just signed up. not fultiming yet but will be as soon as spain sells, when ever that will be.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We've joined:thumb:, we live in the m/h most of the time and only use the static caravan as a base ie do the washing chill out when not on the road:Smile:.
Good one Jim:thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Just registered Jim..we full timed for just over two years and only stopped when we moved out to Tenerife to live....Myself and Dawn my partner have discussed a return to fulltiming maybe in 2 or 3 years time...so any sort of site to help will be invaluable!1

Thanks Jim.........:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Mondo,

One more will make 50 registrations in a day. :thumb::Smile: If we can get about 200 members by Christmas, come the new year we can start a bit of campaigning and start to get a bit of clarity around the issue of fulltiming. :thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Jim,

I think I just missed the 50th member to join I think it might have been JJ.

Not full timing yet but have plans to do long term travelling in a self build.

Great idea.

Pat and Neil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back