Motorhome Wombles.

Discussion in 'Wild Camping' started by 6pm Cowboy, Jun 5, 2010.

1. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

In another thread about wild camping ( IPS doesn't get it ) which I dont want to hyjack.........

I think JJ hit on a very important point. Leave any place you stop cleaner than it was when you got there.

Might build up a trickle affect and motorhomes could end up being welcomed. ( though I am not sure how you would indicate that you had done so )

Thoughts ?

2. Happy Hippy

Happy Hippy Read Only Funster

I have sometimes done this too, though usually I choose places that are tidy to start with so it isn't an issue. There is one place I have stayed 2 or 3 months at a time each summer where people come and park to go walking, and time and time again I have seen them return to their cars, take out a plastic bottle of some sort of soft drink, gulp it down and then throw the empty bottle on the ground before driving off. When I was going into town about once a week for shopping I would always take at least one full bag of these discarded plastic bottles with me to put in a bin, mainly because I thought that otherwise people would think I had left all the rubbish, but also cos I like to look out on a tidy site.

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

( though I am not sure how you would indicate that you had done so )

how about a small cardboard sign, prominently displayed, along the lines of "this area cleared of rubbish by a motorhome funster" with the URL.

better to leave one small item than loads of crap and bottles.

4. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

We always clear rubbish around us, there are often bins anyway, people are just too lazy to use them.

5. AdgeRas

AdgeRas Read Only Funster

It may seem a lot of hassle, but if we took a photo of the place we choose to stop when we arrive (eg scruffy and untidy) and then take a photo when we leave. Send both to the relevant local council dept.

Yeah well it was an idea.:Doh:

Adge

6. 6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy Read Only Funster

and a bl@@dy good one at that. Doubt that many would go to the bother but it would be an excellent way of improvong relationships.