Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
In another thread about wild camping ( IPS doesn't get it ) which I dont want to hyjack.........

I think JJ hit on a very important point. Leave any place you stop cleaner than it was when you got there.

Might build up a trickle affect and motorhomes could end up being welcomed. ( though I am not sure how you would indicate that you had done so )

Thoughts ?

Happy Hippy

Free Member
May 16, 2010
In my bus
Funster No
MH
Scruffy old bus
Exp
Full time since April 2007, part time since early 80's
I have sometimes done this too, though usually I choose places that are tidy to start with so it isn't an issue. There is one place I have stayed 2 or 3 months at a time each summer where people come and park to go walking, and time and time again I have seen them return to their cars, take out a plastic bottle of some sort of soft drink, gulp it down and then throw the empty bottle on the ground before driving off. When I was going into town about once a week for shopping I would always take at least one full bag of these discarded plastic bottles with me to put in a bin, mainly because I thought that otherwise people would think I had left all the rubbish, but also cos I like to look out on a tidy site.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
( though I am not sure how you would indicate that you had done so )

how about a small cardboard sign, prominently displayed, along the lines of "this area cleared of rubbish by a motorhome funster" with the URL.

better to leave one small item than loads of crap and bottles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We always clear rubbish around us, there are often bins anyway, people are just too lazy to use them.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
It may seem a lot of hassle, but if we took a photo of the place we choose to stop when we arrive (eg scruffy and untidy) and then take a photo when we leave. Send both to the relevant local council dept.

Yeah well it was an idea.:Doh:

Adge

OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I

Yeah well it was an idea.:Doh:

Adge

and a bl@@dy good one at that. Doubt that many would go to the bother but it would be an excellent way of improvong relationships.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back