Motorhome with triple bunk???? (2 Viewers)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Does anyone know if there is any motorhome with a triple bunk?
I know that there are quite a few caravans with triple bunks but have not seen a motorhome with this.......We love the bunks we have for our kids and a third would be very useful to take one of our nephews away (when we can't or don't want to use the drive away awning).

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, There isn't one, we looked for ages and never found one, We have double bunks, over cab double bed and the table is a small double that we have to keep making up unless we use a table outside, I did think about converting the double to a triple but I would loose to much garage space.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Convert existing

How about converting your existing double bunk to a triple ?

lower the top bunk and add a third ..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
There is deffo one out there because I have seen one :thumb: no idea by who, but it was a new van :thumb: last yr.Wracking my brain as to where I saw it :Doh: and I also think it may have featured in one of the mags as I remember seeing a pic ::bigsmile: but that may have been in the advertising blurb in the van :ROFLMAO:Sorry I cannot be of more help :Smile:
terry
ps the bottom bunk was only a few ins off the floor- not the usual foot 15 ins so not much storage

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
There is a 3 bunk in the new swift Escape range, However I think you loose some of the garage when in use.:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
There is definitely a tripple bunk bed version of motorhome.

It is made by Frankia and although I do not have the model number, a quick google search should reveal it. It is so so cool you would not believe. The bottom bunk is at ground level and like a little den, any kid would love it.

Of course being Frankia, money will be a premium, but, I would have a frankia all day long over most brands :thumb:

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, There isn't one, we looked for ages and never found one, We have double bunks, over cab double bed and the table is a small double that we have to keep making up unless we use a table outside, I did think about converting the double to a triple but I would loose to much garage space.
Appologies, I stand corrected

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i saw one at the cheshire show really nice layout too looked like it would sleep 8
really big full height wardrobe with a cupboard next to it the same size laid out with shelves shower at one side toilet at the other side and it seemed to have loads of space inside.
think it may have been emmbee that had it but cant remember exactly

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for all your replies guys.

That Frankia looks amazing, but like you say a bit pricey for us at the moment :cry:

I do like the idea of adding an extra bunk, only I'm not confident enough to something like that, and we are always right on the limit weight wise as we have a very small payload. Looking to up-plate this but need to do my test 1st as this will take it above 3.5t. This is something I know I have to do soon, and certainly if we change the van (Mrs L can drive above 3.5t until I do).

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The course and test is quite expensive I gather, how can Mrs L drive one and you can't, have you not got 'grandfather rights'

Got your licence before 19??

Peter

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
The course and test is quite expensive I gather, how can Mrs L drive one and you can't, have you not got 'grandfather rights'

Got your licence before 19??

Peter

Yeah from what I've found out briefly it's in excess of ÂŁ1k if I can get around doing the tests that have been added in addition for health and safety to drive commercially.

Down to age......no grandfather rights for me as not old enough.....stupid change of law was in 1997.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Hi, another thing you need to be careful of is the number of sleeping locations exceeding the number of seat belts. We found that happened quite often.

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, another thing you need to be careful of is the number of sleeping locations exceeding the number of seat belts. We found that happened quite often.

I've never really understood the logic on that one. We found this when we looked for both our vans. It seems that they're better at providing more belted seats on the new models now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back