Motorhome WiFi

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by GJH, Mar 5, 2016.

1. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

GJH submitted a new link:

[​IMG]

Motorhome WiFi
    Motorhome WiFi is dedicated to keeping you connected on the road.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

I have to agree. I contacted @Addie on a Sun night while he was at the NEC and he still replied within a matter of minutes.

His aftercare is right up there along with the aftercare Ive received in the past from Avtex. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Popeye

Popeye Funster

I haven't had cause to use his equipment much but it worked very well on the odd occasion I've used it.

4. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Talking of which :whistle:
    A little help would be much appreciated here, I have been meaning to ask this question for months but have felt toooo embarrassed to ask :unsure:
    I bought a Huawei 5332 from Adam a couple of years ago and except for the one time in France I have had little success with it so , the question or two is,
    Does a sim card 'run out' after a certain period of time,
    I am unable to remember which of the many cables I possess actually charges the damn thing, can I simply use my phone charger which has the same connection.
    Away to hide my head in shame here :rolleyes:
    Norman.

P.S Dont' have much success on dating sites either but that is for another time perhaps :whistle::whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  5. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Norman I find any lead that is the same charges it, whether this be right or wrong all I can say is "It works" Depending on the sim it does run out. Theres no such Q as a dumb one and if you read on you and hopefully others might learn from this.

@Addie apologies for sending you my unit which did appear to have gone faulty. When you returned it nothing had changed so close inspection of the long wire revealed it had been melted by my gas fire. Hope everyone else checks this first!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Drat, just reposted the same question :oops:

7. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Yes....and yes.

If you dont make or recieve a call or text within 6 months on a PAYG sim the number is seen as inactive and is cancelled and any credit remaining is lost.

If your phone charger has the same USB plug then yes, you can use ANY cable with the correct plug and a USB wall plug....or even a computer USB socket..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

Depends entirely on the provider, some will expire the card and take your money, I think 3 do this. Others remain active indefinitely. I just used a T-Mobile SIM that I haven't used for 3 years with no problem. Also have a Belgian one from 'Mobile Vikings' highly recommended by the way, that never expires, just top up when needed.

Yes, if it fits, it will charge it. I believe that model has the standard mini usb connector, which is fairly well used. Just find a charger and you are good to go :D

9. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

Sophie and I really do pride ourselves on being able to give good and fast customer support - but please give us the opportunity to do so by Contacting Us via the website: http://www.motorhomewifi.com/contact-us/ should you require any assistance with any aspect of the products we offer both in pre or post sales support.

@TUCANO - PLEASE contact us via the website so we can help you, or if you are at one of the many outdoor motorhome shows come over and see us with the device and we'll take a look at it for you. That's probably the easiest course of action as without know which SIM card you have, its difficult to know if its expired. I can give you a replacement Three or EE SIM card for free - just come and ask us :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Chrisy

Chrisy Funster

As has been stated already most sims have a time limit. I have a Huawei 5332 which I use with a recently purchased iBoost. Works superbly. Tried it at home initially where I could pick up about 6 neighbouring networks. Once I used iBoost connected to my 5332 there were 14 networks with usable signals even though I have the directional model and had not bothered to aim it specifically. On site last week it greatly improved the wifi reception. It is expensive but it does what it says and is well made.

Three network has data sims available at the moment 12gb lasting for 12 months from the date of first use for £30. They have the advantage that you can use them in 18 countries abroad as though you were in the UK.

MH wifi gives great service and always respond to queries very quickly. I also have an aerial bought from them for use with 5332 where mobile signals are weak. Used it for 2 years now and same comments apply. A bit expensive but well made and works brilliantly. It just sits on the roof when on site.

11. Jim

Jim Ringleader

The text in red was amended for accuracy. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  12. PeteH

PeteH Funster

I have a 3 sim, still valid despite having not been used for some time? it came with an old "dongle" now some 5+ or more years old!. When I go on the 3 website it clearly says "does not expire" I use it about once a year, part of that has to do with the fact there is NO (3) signal where I LIVE!. But it is useful "on the road".

Pete

• Like Like x 2
  13. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

I have contacted Addie as he requested so I should be up and running again, soon, maybe, but in what direction, which way did I come in :Eeek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Stop!. turn 180, Proceed!.

15. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Been there done that :LOL: