Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
I always wave unless too busy driving. I find there are very few that don't wave back and I always think "there Loss"
Kaybee ::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Going to Newark a couple of weeks ago i explained to SWMBO that all friendly motorhomers will wave. Not having the best of eyesight she coudn't always see if they waved back, she ended up waving to all vans, a few white van men were surprised.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I found the French wave a lot too--or are they just humouring us----?

"Look dear, the Brits wave at us so much, they seem a jolly sort"-" or is it a British sign for a accident ahead?"::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I am surprised by the results so far.

I regularly use my motorhome and about 0.0000001% of motorhome drivers wave to me as they pass.

Am I missing something?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
we do wave and jay usually Say's cool camper man along with me just we wear alway regarded as hippy's by the posh moterhomer's when we had the first van a converted patent transporter with bus door's.

we still get looks with this van like how dare those peasants in that old van wave at us.

And one time we spotted sum right snobs and parked right next to them thay wouldn't even lend us a cup of sugar Or sum of that soft toilet paper all the posh ones have in their campers.

even when we offered sum bred and dripping in exchange:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fermenter

Free Member
Sep 6, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2012
Always try to wave and usually get a wave back. Grumble if we don't. Same on bikes, really surprises me when cyclists don't nod or say hello. :Smile:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We used to wave but the wavers then ignore you on sites so no waving !!!

jeepmadmike

Free Member
Dec 23, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
5 years
In the narrow roads of the south west I love waving at the nervous looking MH drivers, there look of panic as I approach flat out with no intention of slowing but they feel compelled to return the wave ::bigsmile:

I did start saluting a couple of years ago, got some very funny looks :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
M

Mad Donna

Free Member
Apr 29, 2012
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Riviera 1000
Exp
not long at all
Must say I was surprised by the interest this attracted. Its quite interesting to see other peoples opinions on the matter :)
Happy Motorhoming people

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
My co-pilot (wife) always waves vigerously with a big smile ,if they don`t wave back she sulks becouse they have ignored her .Yet she sits next to me and i ignore all day and she never notices.LOL.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We didn't know about the waving when we got our Motorhome late last year. However, we soon cottoned on and like others on this thread wave at anything that has the potential to be a MH. Feel a bit silly when it turns out to be a van!
As a youngster I thought it was great to get a salute from the RAC/AA patrol.

truffs

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 24, 2012
Durham (Lanchester)
Funster No
MH
CV20
Exp
since 2006
I try to wave when not concentrating too hard if not then the co-pilot does(mother)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Waves

My co-pilot (wife) always waves vigerously with a big smile ,if they don`t wave back she sulks becouse they have ignored her .[HI]Yet she sits next to me and i ignore all day and she never notices[/HI].LOL.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have you tried waving at her?
My OH does the waving but starts to lose interest as most don't wave back.

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
It makes me giggle every time I give and get a wave. It's put a bit of fun back into motoring. I noticed that, like me, some of you have waved at white vans etc. and got some strange looks. Did this today too, only it was a prison van! Sadly nobody waved back!

Wirralian

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 8, 2011
New Brighton, Wirral
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since July 2011
I always wave, even when I'm in the passenger seat cos the witch:Doh: I mean wife, refuses too. She works in the A&E of a general hospital and says she has to be nice to people all day, so she's not going to do it when not working!:thumbdown: (now I think about it, it really explains alot:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
we do wave and jay usually Say's cool camper man along with me just we wear alway regarded as hippy's by the posh moterhomer's when we had the first van a converted patent transporter with bus door's.

we still get looks with this van like how dare those peasants in that old van wave at us.

And one time we spotted sum right snobs and parked right next to them[HI] thay wouldn't even lend us a cup of sugar Or sum of that soft toilet paper all the posh ones have in their campers.[/HI]

even when we offered sum bred and dripping in exchange:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We don't usually have any sugar (diet) and I make a point of never lending toilet paper, give it perhaps but I don't want it back after you've used it :ROFLMAO:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
I wave and I smile....But deep inside I’m wilting with sorrow

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I get waves from vehicles overtaking me, especially when I have the caravan on tow.

Sometimes it's 2 fingers raised but usually only the one.:Smile:

I don't even have to wave back.:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp