Motorhome waste outlet pipe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Adbt, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Adbt

Adbt Funster

It always gets covered in muck on a wet journey ( I also live down a country lane used by muddy tractors) . I've taken to covering it with a sandwich bag and laggy band , has anyone got a more elegant solution re coverage ? Cheers in advance .

2. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Gloves is my solution (y)

3. Adbt

Adbt Funster

I use a waste master and a lot of the time the outlet spout sits directly in the top opening of the container , was hoping a cover would keep the actual outlet tap clean .

4. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Where is your outlet? Ours is behind the rear wheel and protected by the rear mudflap, so, although it gets dirty, it's not too bad and only really needs cleaning occasionally.
    Like you, our house is 1/4 mile down a rather muddy track which means the van gets mucky underneath when it's been raining ( so, most of the time)
    I think your plastic bag idea is a good solution to keeping the worst off it.

5. Adbt

Adbt Funster

Going to try one of these , will put an O ring around the pipe and use the clip to ensure it doesn't fall off , the rest of the cases I will use for storing other bits , worth a punt. , review to follow !

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016