Motorhome warranty. (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Hopefully over the next couple of months we'll have our first motorhome.
If we buy private is it possible to buy our own warranty insurance and has anyone done this and used it ?
The age we are looking at is around 2004 so will this make a difference?
Thanks in advance.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Take your hard-earned cash out into the back garden, get some newspaper, make a little pyramid from the newspaper, sprinkle the lovely banknotes on top, get a box of matches, and set it alight.

You'll have more fun that way.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
no, the warranties offered by dealers are based on insurance policies. without the proof of a full service history many companies wont even consider it.
the 3rd party insurance warranties for cars are generally for vehicles under 10 years old

as said though, its generally a waste of money as far more things are excluded on the warranties than what is covered. better to be cautious when buying and put an extra couple of thousand to one side to cover worst case scenarios.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
I agree with the previous posters. You should either put some funds aside either in full or monthly to cover such events Even if you do find someone to provide a warranty being as its a 2004 MH the cost will be considerable. In addition you can't be sure that the important bits are covered UNTIL you breakdown then its too late

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Too many exclusions for me.

I had an insured warranty on a landrover disco i had recently bought which blew its head gasket due to the previous owner removing the stat to try to keep it cooler....the water pump was leaking and they thought if it ran cooler it wouldnt lose much water.....it did with serious concequences.
the warranty covered the head gasket and all associated works.....head skimmed etc, but they would not pay for a new pump or thermostat.

As it was, it was done at the garage i worked at so they did, unknowingly, pay for the lot....including a new cambelt....the extra cost was billed as labour.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Insurance based warranties are best when purchased with a van from a reputable dealer who can back you up in the event of a claim.

There are many get outs on these policies unfortunately so be warned.

Try contacting the AA or RAC for a quote and policy details maybe

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back