Motorhome Warranties, Are they worth it? (1 Viewer)

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
I currently have a warrantee through the dealer I bought my 10 year old motorhome. I have had occasion to call upon it over the past year and the repairs to my fridge were completed under it. With no hassle.

The warrantee is due for renewal soon. Does the team think that two years renewal including the service and habitation check amounting to approx £500,00 is worth it.

Bear in mind I don't know one end of a spanner from the other.

I'm sure your advice will be interesting.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It depends......If it includes what you had the previous year, including the hab area - which is unusual - then it is resonably priced.

Though in most cases, I would tell people not to bother - on a 10 year old, you MAY start to get faults arise. A common one is gearbox - in which case, it would be well spent, if it covers bodywork, then it is due for a crossmember I would have in the not too distant future, though these are cheap, bolt on affairs.

It depends on how much you use it, and what is in the detail...so read carefully, and if it mirrors what you had before, then I would do it as you won't get a decent warranty it after it is 10 years old!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I can only speak for car warranties offered

Almost ALL are little more than a scam.. As suggested, read everything carefully.
If you have any questions about what you read, ring them but get the reply in a letter. DO NOT RELY ON WHAT IS SAID IN A FONE CALL !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cydersyd

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Thanks Rainbow, I hadn't considered that the terms of the warranty could change, so good advice and something I must look for.

Cydersyd.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
check whats included, many wear and tear parts are not!!!

2 years of habitation service and vehicle service are worth close to £500 at garage / dealer prices.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Get it in writing what the Exclusions to the warranty are, I broke a deal at the 11th hour once when just as I was signing up I noticed a small print saying the turbocharger was excluded:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Depends on who the supplying dealer is, if it includes two years mechanical and hab services for £500 as well it is costing nowt!

Peter

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
yeah i echo what has been said . do not commit untill you have read ALL the conditions (which will be in a lot smaller print than everything else! ) in reality a vehicle warranty is nothing more than a insurance policy ! and like all policies , some are good and some are not worth the paper they are written on . the farce surrounding ppi insurance proves that ! the biggest problem with a 10 year old vehicle is that the warranty company can argue that any fault you may have is down to general wear and tear and therefore not covered . in my experience the warranty that you will be offered will be the one that provides the dealer with the best COMMISION, this does not mean it is the best one for you !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back