motorhome virgins

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by scovie69, Aug 5, 2013.

1. scovie69

scovie69 Read Only Funster

hi all.due to pick up our new(well new to us laika kreos on Wednesday after being avid tent campers,was excited till I got a call this afternoon saying our vans control panel doesny work.doesnt show battery state or tank levels.anyone have any ideas if its repairable or can you replace.many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phill D

Phill D

hi welcome. i assume its from a dealer in which case surely it gets fixed before wednesday or as soon as spares are available. if its private, then i guess its dont part with the cash or take it away until its fixed.

it could be as simple as a fuse blown or need a new control panel, difficult to say without some basic testing.

good luck

4. Allanm

Allanm Funster

I guess the dealer will try and sort it for you, but make sure it l works before you collect it
    Just out of interest, where are you buying the van from?
    Allan

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  5. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Hi and welcome, I have a Laika Ecovip 7r, did you buy it through a dealer if so make sure that they fit it before taking delivery or shortly after. If it can't be fixed then they should order you a new part and fit it free of charge, besides that enjoy your Motorhoming.

6. scovie69

thanks guys.

yes its a dealer in peacehaven.said today that they have been trying for the last 2 weeks but cant get sorted and that to be honest they wont go any further.said we may pull out of deal.like to still buy it as its perfect for us if I can get repaired or a new unit.

7. Phill D

Phill D

so they are happy to sell you a van that is not fit for use:Eeek:

will they pay for a new unit or someone else to fix it :Eeek: i doubt that

if they cant fix it after 2 weeks they are either incompetent to deal with this type of problem, it cant be fixed ( unlikely ) or they are trying it on.

your money but it would need to be a great deal for me to take away a van with no habitation electrics and the knowledge that a dealer cant fix it.

8. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

Hi and :welcomefunster:

Hope you get things sorted out soon:thumb:

9. billy

billy Read Only Funster

He will know you are keen on it and could be trying it on, what if the problem goes beyond the control panel.
    Be very careful don't let your heart rule your head it could be a costly mistake.
    Like most people on here we took our time and looked at many vans before we bought.

billy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Allanm

Allanm Funster

If it were me, I would tell them you want to refuse the van as they have had ample time to fix it and have now stated that they can't do it
    If you take the van as it is, you are also going to have problems sourcing a new unit, assuming that is all that is wrong. You don't want to start your motorhoming with a van you can't fix
    There are plenty of dealers around Kent. Also, Johns Cross in Battle who is on the forum a lot and by all accounts very helpful and with a good stock of vans
    There is another one with a similar layout just waiting for you somewhere else. I used Choose Leisure in Canterbury. They have the ability to get a van prepped and out very quickly
    Allan

• Like Like x 1
  11. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Welcome to Motorhome Fun, I honestly think if they are a dealer and not willing to sort this out before you complete the deal, what chance will you have with any further warranty work, not the best start.

There are a lot of vans out there try and buy one from a dealer that will look after you not make excuses.

12. scovie69

thanks felllow funsters

thanks all of you for your views.good news thay sourced a new control panel and all is well.picking our van up next week.looking forward to some great motorhoming.:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  13. Archer

Archer Funster

Hi scovie69 im not far from peachaven to brought my motorhome from a dealer there had a large work shop up buy alfriston is it the same one his name was Alex.

14. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If you dont get it sorted, come and see some of my vans, they all work!

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  15. scovie69

thanks archer

thanks archer but his name isn't alex its jack.dont know where the workshops are who was your dealer?.supposed to be sorted now and waiting for us tomorrow afternoon.cant wait.got 4 days booked next week for our first time motorhoming.let the fun begin...........

16. Archer

Archer Funster

Glad you got it sorted so where have you picked for your first stay?, Ours was at longleat nice camp site and you can hear some of the animals at night. Sorry forgot welcome to motorhomefun.'Gary

17. Blodwyn Pig

Blodwyn Pig Read Only Funster

Hello and :welcome:

Glad your van now appears to be sorted :thumb:

18. scovie69

got it

hi guys and girls.got our van at last and all is well.looking forward to our first trip Wednesday.yippee.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Archer

Archer Funster

That's good to hear hope all goes well hope to see you about soon.
    Gary.

20. poppy

poppy Read Only Funster

maybe a nice weekend

Hi all,
    I am able to arrange a weekend near brum with a great night of music at Birmingham Symphony hall on the 16th March 2014, with a coach from camp site to birmingham for the day plus the show and coach back to camp site after show, need to know what the interest might be, before I can work out price,I will try to arrange a church hall for a informal get to-geather on the Saturday if people would like,

so provisional

friday, book into site, local pubs, and restaurants. or sit in camp and mix with FUNSTERS

Sat , (will try to get entertainment in local church hall) bring own food to share, )

Sunday coach day trip into brum( free to do as you please) , plus night entertainment at Birmingham symphony Hall and coach back to camp.

as long as I have a coach full 49 people I can get a good price.
    please show your intrest and I can get back to you with the camp site and price.:Smile:

• Like Like x 1