Motorhome Valet highly recommended (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Just had my motorhome valeted by @FJmike motorhome valet. A top quality job, and by far the best we have had, and very reasonably priced.
You often hear about poor service and so I always like to make a point of saying when I have received great service.
Thank you Mike. Very pleased, great job and will be using your services again.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just had my motorhome valeted by @FJmike motorhome valet. A top quality job, and by far the best we have had, and very reasonably priced.
You often hear about poor service and so I always like to make a point of saying when I have received great service.
Thank you Mike. Very pleased, great job and will be using your services again.
Thanks Paul and I'm pleased that you are happy with my work

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Echo TheDogMan-could do with a Mike in York.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Been cleaning my Carthago yesterday and today ready for our trip to Spain and Portugal.
Roof given a good going over and the rest today.
Celine looks gorgeous, hard work but very satisfying when you stand back and look.
By the time we reach Folkestone she will be just as mucky as before but I do like a clean machine before a long trip.

Richard.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
If I were twenty years younger I would franchise Motorhomevalet as there is a need all over the country.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Been cleaning my Carthago yesterday and today ready for our trip to Spain and Portugal.
Roof given a good going over and the rest today.
Celine looks gorgeous, hard work but very satisfying when you stand back and look.
By the time we reach Folkestone she will be just as mucky as before but I do like a clean machine before a long trip.

Richard.
Even when it does get dirty all that effort is paid off because it cleans up easier next time

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I don't know about successful but I am very busy, my diary is booking up very fast this year, I'm currently booking early June
Hi mike, I am going to a local vehicle valet ear to get a quote to do the outside of our motorhome, will need restoring,polishing and waxing etc. Could you give me a rough idea of a cost for this sort of work. I do realise it is labour intense job
Many thanks

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Hi mike, I am going to a local vehicle valet ear to get a quote to do the outside of our motorhome, will need restoring,polishing and waxing etc. Could you give me a rough idea of a cost for this sort of work. I do realise it is labour intense job
Many thanks
It's difficult to put a price on someone else's time and labour, but if done properly it will take at the very least ten hours labour. Materials aren't cheap either and motorhomes are not too kind on polishing mops. My main concern is how much experience your local valet has of motorhomes, if none I would be extremely wary, as great care has to be taken. I have seen some horrors where car valeter's have attacked motorhomes, mostly polishing through the very thin single coat paint.

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks for that, I have read a lot of comments here and understand a delicate touch is required. I may do it myself by hand yet. Would appreciate a poster in what light cutting compound, Polish and wax to use.
Many thanks for your time

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Due to not getting a booking with FJMike until September, I washed it myself. Mike's ministrations last year made such a difference, the green slime just floated off and it doesn't look too bad at all.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@Antony bleasdale If you don't mind me poking my nose in. I would say anywhere between £150 to £200 minimum for a quality job.

Especially if its a full on job i.e. decontamination, clayed, polished and waxed.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yes you use clay to remove whats left after the decontamination, it smoothes the paint work.

The amount i suggested would be a starting price depending on amount of work involved.
I personally don't do it for a living but know a couple of people that do, cars that is (y)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
People should remember and some do that it's a special kind of Valeter / Detailer that is required to do work on Motor Homes. Those used to cars may not appreciate the multi various materials on them and the finishes.

Mike certainly has an excellent reputation. Good one !

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I would not recommend using clay on a coachbuilt or Aclass as the paint is microscopic in depth which could result in breaking through the paint.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I can add my recommendation for Mike. He has done my previous van twice and what a difference it makes when you give a spray to keep clean, the dirt just drops off. Excellent service and a fair price, even though I have to travel from Edinburgh.
Looking to get him to wax the new van...fingers crossed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back