Motorhome try before you buy...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cilla And Mom, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Cilla And Mom

Cilla And Mom Funster

Hi, Well , he have narrowed our search to Autocruise Quartet or Autosleeper Windrush or WildAx Solaris. We are thinking of hiring a PVC to try next week on holiday in Devon.....but can't find any of the above to hire??..Have you knowledgeable lot got any ideas.? I've seen some bigger PCVs but they are a thousand pound a week! Yikes that's a lot!.... But the cheaper motorhomes to hire are coach-built (still £700) , so not really what we intend to buy... & Seem quite high and bulky to park. ...never ever been in a motorhome before. We can't really commit to buying an expensive PVC without a bit of a test... Ta in advance..xxx

2. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cilla And Mom

Cilla And Mom Funster

Many thanks Langtoftlad, but they are in Yorkshire & I am in Worcester.. traveling down to Devon. Also the try before you buy is only for new customers & I would bd looking for second hand . Yeh your right ,I've dropped them an email, but prob left it too late. ( I have to go when I have no work on - another great reason to buy a van in the first place)

4. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

• Like Like x 3
  5. jezport

jezport Funster

Southwest motorhomes in Somerset hire out Globecar PVCs

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

I think trying to hire the specific model you want to buy is a nice idea but not essential I think.

The main issue is whether you both like motorhoming. I suggest just hiring any PVC you can find, don't be choosy, then go off for a week or so. There will be things you will like about the PVC and things you don't. You may decide you need more storage than a typical PVC can offer.

But at the end of the week you will have a much better idea of what features you want and don't want in your MH. :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Cilla And Mom

Cilla And Mom Funster

Flippin heck Dan your a star!..I've been googling all day & never found that , just what we're looking for...fingers crossed they've got one... thanks Dan x

• Like Like x 2