Motorhome swap (1 Viewer)

bobbylr

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
Funster No
Hallo there from the Sunshine Coast, Australia:

I have owned a 4 berth campervan for 15 years and I am a member of the Motorhome Cub of Australia. I am planning a family trip (wife and 2 beautiful little girls 7 and 8 year old) around Europe commencing 15 Dec this year (13 months leave – yepeee!) We were looking at buying a 5 berth motorhome in the UK and then head for warmer weather; Spain (and possibly even a short trip into Morocco).

I have looked at a few motorhomes but buying a motorhome means we are going to be stuck with it when we want to return to Australia at the end of our holiday. Renting a van for a year is far too expensive.

We have done a number of very successful house + car swaps to New Zealand and wonder if anyone in your club would entertain the following idea:

We own a furnished self contained spacious (85m2) studio flat (ex yoga studio) in a very desirable, leafy location in Coolum Beach, Queensland, Australia. It is entirely build and finished with timber, thatched ceilings and stone tiles and is located 100m from the beach. There is no TV, no telephone and no laundry in the flat (internet café and laundry 1km to town). Very large windows connect with lush tropical shady garden and amazing birdlife – very unique/excentric by London standards. Coolum Beach has plenty to offer as a popular tourist destination.

WE would like to swap this flat + use of our 2008 Holden Astra for you 5-6 berth Hymer A or similar (must be LHD and preferably around 2000-2004 model) for a period of a year - 2011. (if 2011 does not suit you, another year can be agreed upon, but we are committed to 2011)

I have a spotless 28 year driving record + no claim insurance bonus. I will look after you Hymer better than you did as I will be anticipating the same level of care of my property. My house and car is comprehensively ensured (car driver over 40 years old). I pay all premiums for the period. You pay ‘excess’ only if mishap happens.

This offer will ideally suit a retired couple, eager to explore and soak up the beautiful weather and coastal lifestyle the ‘Sunshine Coast’, Queensland has to offer.

Anybody who would like to discuss this idea please contact me on bobby@accordqs.com.au for photos and chat :Cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
HI Bobby, you chose the right place to reach thousands of UK motorhomers.:thumb: I hope you get lucky in your quest.

I couldn't take you up on the offer. You see I'm a big rugby fan, and I'd miss the quality games we enjoy in the Northern Hemisphere:winky: Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back