Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Sorry to post something negative but I have just had my motorhome stolen in London and i am devastated.....

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
More details please Kimmy

Registration make etc etc distinguishing stickers etc whereabouts in london stolen from.

Theres a few of us in London who can keep an eye out and some of us know where to look some of the time xxxxxx

wills5138

Free Member
Apr 9, 2008
Nort West Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Real sorry to hear that.
What a blow.
I saw on ukcampsite that another was stolen from Blackburn in the last few days.
Perhaps we all ought to get out there and check out security is still in place and working.

Hope it turns up unharmed......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I bet you are, its not nice to have something you save for and enjoy taken - sorry to hear about it and hope you have informed all and sundry,also try ringing the ports with reg number description etc,
that is two that have been stolen reported on here this week

OP
OP
OKKIMMY

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
If any help....

The reg no is n836 tho

my mobile 07719278849

thank you for your support

OP
OP
OKKIMMY

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Thanks people........

It is a white Swift Royale peugeot based N reg. As in my picture.

It is so sickening... al my stuff inside... so painful.

I just pray it is found. x

No one died but i had all my dreams in it. :(

Crafty-Camper

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
North West ( Lancashire)
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
1st Year
So sorry to hear of your 2nd home being stolen. As fellow campers I think we can all identifiy with our campers being more than just a vehicle to get from a-b. Really hope Police catch the scum who have done this & you are soon reunited.

I had just read about the Blackburn ( Lancs) one & had come on here to post about it. Link on Lancashire Telegraph site is here

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hope they catch the thieves before they make any financial gain and will keep our eyes open :Eeek:

Dale

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
this is sickening, the theiving scrotes wont have a clue exactly what they are stealing, to them it's just something to get them more drug money or similar, but to the person who owned it, it's a big part of their life, with personal irriplaceable possesions in it etc, it's like someone stealing your house.

i really do wish we were allowed to use anti theft measures like they do in africa, some nice flame throwers along the door bottoms to toast anyone trying to nick it, air operated 10 inch rusty nails embedded in the seats, a telsa coil connected to the steering wheel etc.

i do hope someone spots it, or the police track it down, unfortunately most motorhome thefts are pre organised, and as the last post mentioned, it may have had it's container waiting for it on the docks before it was nicked, or a breakers yard ready and waiting for it.

OR more likely it will be on an illegal Itinerant camp, as they seem to be using motorhomes more and more nowadays, something about a law change in ireland making caravans illegal on some camps or something, so they went over to nicking motorhomes instead,

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi OKKIMMY, sorry for your loss, have you any bigger pics and any distinguishing marks ? etc, you never know where it will end up, will keep eyes open around here and on our travels :thumb:
terry

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh I am soooo sorry to hear that!!!!! I don't think I need tell you what we would all do to the b******ds if we got our hands on them .... cos sure as Hell the judicial system wouldn't do much.

I really feel for you. It is one of my biggest fears and just sending you a big big hug.:Sad:

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
I can sympathise with you as my car was stolen from my drive last friday at 2.30am. They broke into the house to get the keys while we were all asleep upstairs and also took money /cards etc...........The good news is that the police woke us up at 3am as they had caught them in the car 15 minutes up the road, although the car has not been released yet they have the culprits in custody and they have also admitted to many other offences.

My view is that i am happy that my family were not hurt physically and i am pleased they caught the scum...can't get away this weekend as the keys to motorhome were in car.

Well done to the police for catching them, my faith in them is restored.

I hope you get your van back....Best wishes

OP
OP
OKKIMMY

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Stolen motorhome

My most grateful thanks to all you fellow motorhomers who understand how I am feeling. I have been in total shock. I had so much personal stuff inside. :(

If anyone wants to email me I can send a bigger picture for you to see and possibly circulate?

horrockskim@hotmail.com

It's the one on my profile picture.

I feel the same as that poor family in Lancashire but I thank GOD it did not happen at a motorway service station (as a recent gang who eventually got caught had been found guilty of taking them from)... imagine walking out of the service station and finding ALL YOU HAVE GONE!

Mine would have included pets and what the hell would have happened to them???

It makes me sick to the stomach how callous these thieves are.

I hope all you guys stay safe!

OP
OP
OKKIMMY

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Stolen motorhome

Here is a link to the Lancashire families stolen motorhome. It is so distinctive that hopefully it will be easily spotted.

Link Removed

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
May seem an odd question to ask but it hasn't been raised in any of the other posts yet to me is possibly the most important.

Was the vehicle and contents fully insured? If so, things may not be quite so awful after all.

Yes you will only get current 'market value' for your van, but check out your contents policy. If you insured 'right' you will have 'new for old' which means everything stolen with your van will be replaced at current cost.

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
We are out next thurs down to devon and cornwall,I have just written reg and description down and will stick it to my sun visor,you never know.
Hope she turns up soon.

Regards,John P.:thumb:

spudandpatricia

Free Member
Oct 3, 2008
Wigan, Lancs, England
Funster No
MH
Lowprofile
Exp
my feelings go with you

Sorry to post something negative but I have just had my motorhome stolen in London and i am devastated.....

Hi there

Just wanted to express my sympathy with you.

I have been there, it definitely is not pleasant.

Until the punishment fits the crime, it will go on. Police didn't give a monkeys at the time.

They probably still don't, because they have nothing to hammer these b******s with.

Please don't someone come on and start whingeing about human rights stuff.

The trauma you have gone through, the thieving b******s will never understand.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Last November we also had our car stolen from our drive, they broke into the house & stole keys whilst we were asleep in bed. Luckily they only wanted the vehicle - top of the range Land Rover - as so did not venture through the house to take anything else.
Police said the vehicle was stolen to order and they had probably had us under survelance for a couple of weeks monitoring our movements - scary thought! We never got the car back and although insurance paid out there were a few gliches so we never got full value and ended up losing a lot of money. Now I won't have a new or decent car just one that's good enough to get me from a-b.

OP
OP
OKKIMMY

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Stolen motorhome

So sorry to hear that jaygee... I know land rovers are particularly their owners pride and joy.. it is so ugly to think people can show such scant regard for other peoples personal space and possessions!

Thank you, Bulletguy, for the practical advice and support... it's not a position I expected to find myself... naive to think a huge motorhome would be so easy to steal!!?

God bless you John Pengers... I am overhwhelmed at the support fellow motrohomers have offered and extremely grateful.

Ditto Spud and Patricia... I just hope there is something good that come for others at least.

Be extra vigilant with your motorhomes... it strikes me that they knew that this change of weather means people will be loading their homes with goodies... I had plans to go away only days later for a big trip. And had just returned from a short one. Was i followed?

Such a cruel blow.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Chased off two blokes the other day trying to nick our number plates.

Tonight a vehicle has been round 3 times screwing out our motorhome. We are so sick of it.

Lets hope its still in one piece in the morning.

Kimmy have sent you a PM with some useful info

Best wishes

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
the barstewards, i don,t know what i would do, if my van would be nicked, offer the wife to get it back :Doh:, no seriously i would be devastated if it happened to me, :Angry:

OP
OP
OKKIMMY

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Stolen motorhome

Gail.............. you flippin' stay safe baby!! Maybe we have found the clue........?

AWESOME NEWS! xxx

OP
OP
OKKIMMY

OKKIMMY

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 MONTHS
Stolen motorhome

novawight................. be safe and if you can't be safe......... sell the wife of course! :winky:

Sorry, Mrs Novawight! Just kidding!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back