Motorhome stays near Woolfest festival Cumbria (1 Viewer)

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Is there any reasonably good places to stay near Cockermouth Cumbria in order to attend Woolfest festival at the end of June 27/28.
Atlantisbird
Ann & Harry

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Ann & Harry, There are quite a few caravan club cl sites around and a few ccc sites. There is a face book page for the festival you could try asking on there as there are lots of other things going on in the area. We stayed in Workington as we have family there but the ccc site was to noisy to recomend.

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Thanks for the replies I have now had a look at the Facebook page and am awaiting reply from them about the other things that are going on at night as well.
Ann is looking into the Silloth on the Solway.
We have never stopped anywhere near there as yet and are looking forward to something new.
Kindest regards
Ann & Harry

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi A&H, just my personal opinion but Silloth is a bit tired these days and a bit out of the way.There’s a couple of big sites there with good facilities ( swimming pool, bars and bowling ) but not much in the town. I think you’d struggle getting a decent bus service too.
Scotgate campsite at Braithwaite just outside Keswick is a nice site with a smashing toilet block and fantastic views. The bus stops not far from the site and you’re beside the A66, straight run to Cockermouth. There are a couple of nice pubs in the village too. Keswick and Portinscale are accessible on foot. There is also a big layby just before Braithwaite where we have parked our van through the day and have seen others overnighting but don’t know what that involves.
Graeme.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back