Motorhome Snobbery

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ianthebuilder, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

Even though i am still looking for my first MH i have been watching,reading and learning on here,,it occured to me however that even though some people have personal preferences about make,type of MH etc no one has ever had a go at anyone with a lesser mh than theirs! (to my knowledge) So if you are lucky enough to own and travel in a £80,000 mh or even a conversion you have done yourself on a budget, Does snobbery exsist on sites etc or does everybody get along nicely? I am asking because i will not have a massive budget!!! lol Or is there any snobbery between peeps of different countries??

2. ceejayt

ceejayt Funster Life Member

I really hope there isn't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

so do i ! lolol

4. ceejayt

ceejayt Funster Life Member

Seems to me it is much more about make of van than money paid. See recent threads :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

You tend to find not but if there is any 'interest' though it tends to be towards those who have an interesting older/classic MH as everyone ohs and ahs over it ... "... I remember those" etc ... much more than a 'bling' machine!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Ive always found most M/H owners are very friendly, in the 2 yrs we have been out an about i have only ever encountered one stuck up ass - we pulled onto a motorway service station for a break and drove into the lorry park where there was already some M/H, then within 5 minutes this great big RV pulls up along side our PVC, as me an Mrs TC were admiring it the owner got out (a fella i would say in his late 50s to early 60s) looked right at us just as i said Hi he just completely blanked us as if we were not even there - another stuck up his own ass !

• Like Like x 4
  7. parknride

parknride Funster

Takes all sorts. Im not sure but when we had a caravan (sorry), on arrival on site people seemed to chat and be friendly. If we pull up in the moho they don't seem as willing to chat. Our van is a bailey approach, so not top of range by any means but then its not the cheapest and its our pride and joy. However if we pull up beside other moho's most people seem friendly enough. Don't know if its a caravan/ Motorhome thing or just luck of the draw with your neighbour. Did seem to find the Germans weren't so willing to be friendly early this year. :lipssealed:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

Tbh, I don't really care if there is. The kind of people that look down on others are not the kind that I spend time with. I've been blanked by a few miserable sods who retreat into their gin palaces as soon as the sun goes down but we tend to have more fun without them - I don't know if they are snobs or not, I've never been bothered to find out.

• Like Like x 16
  9. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

No I don't think I have ever encountered snobbery, certainly not encountered it myself. Of course secretly I know our van is the best :D

• Like Like x 7
  10. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

all vans fulfill their purpose which is to get you out and about not realy had much in the way of snobbery

• Like Like x 4
  11. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

Never noticed any snobbery tbh, the only time we have ever come across any "standoffishness" is when we've parked near to an established group (for instance 2 family groups travelling together) they obviously wanted to keep them to themselves when I gave them a cheery North Notts, "ey up me duck". Dunno why!

I tend to make a beeline for interesting peeps in interesting vans regardless of age/style of van/owner. Asking a self builder about his/her van is a cracking way to spend 4-5 hrs ;)

There's always a cold beer offered to anyone stopping by for a chat, obviously this has the added bonus of me having an excuse for a cold beer. We had the absolute pleasure of an old(er) guy calling at our van at Criel Plage in August, on the hour with a smile and rubbish joke.

I suppose there are snobs out there, but it's highly unlikely we'll choose the same stopovers (we'll doss anywhere!)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

The only snobbish / standoffish behaviour we ever come across occasionally is from Caravan/4x4 types can't say I have come across it with other Motorhomers , though there are some grumpy old gits but that's different.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Not aware that snobbery exists on here, and nor have I come across it, but then I spend most of my time in my gin palace.

• Like Like x 18
  14. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

No snobbery whatsoever...

But just £80,000 really!!!

No gold taps then???

• Like Like x 6
  15. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Sorry, Carol....I'll wave next time honest:p

• Like Like x 7
  16. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

Ooo .... You aren't still using gold taps are you? That is so last year.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

You got that new job then Chris???

As shadow chancellor???

Uncanny likeness...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

I really don't know...

The servants deal with that, dontcha know!!!

• Like Like x 6
  19. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

It maybe your birthday H but, K's going to do you a mischief when she sees that!:sneaky:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

K will forget quickly!!!

No card for my big day, because, 'sorry I've got no card for you, I've forgotten where I put it for safe keeping'...

It's like the bloody Bermuda Triangle around here these days...:whistle::whistle::whistle:;););)

• Like Like x 4