Motorhome show. Shelton Mallet. 10th to 12th April 2015 (1 Viewer)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi folks.
Anyone going to this years show at the Bath and West Showground this weekend?
We live nearby so will be going anyway but the show last year was short on exhibitors as well as visitors. Hope there is an improvement this year.
Weather looks decent for the rest of the week and reasonable for the weekend so perhaps see you there?!
:hi:

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
The Tincas are planning to be there on Friday so we hope there will be plenty of exhibitors. We went in to the one later in the year in 2014 and found it to have plenty of vans and stalls.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
The Tincas are planning to be there on Friday so we hope there will be plenty of exhibitors. We went in to the one later in the year in 2014 and found it to have plenty of vans and stalls.

Hi. Yes, the one in the Autumn is always bigger and better. Of course there is a show at Romsey this week end too so I suppose it splits up the exhibitors down here in the South. Have a good day anyway.
::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Not this year it's our Ruby wedding anniversary and have a party planned! But more importantly it's the US Masters from Augusta!

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Hi folks.
Anyone going to this years show at the Bath and West Showground this weekend?
We live nearby so will be going anyway but the show last year was short on exhibitors as well as visitors. Hope there is an improvement this year.
Weather looks decent for the rest of the week and reasonable for the weekend so perhaps see you there?!
:hi:
We also live nearby and will be going. But I agree with you that last year's was pretty poor. I've no idea whether it'll be better on no this year, but there's a discount voucher in the C&CC monthly mag, so it's not much more than an MMM mag, weather's looking good, as you say. Might see you there - except we wouldn't know!

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Another local here, we won't be attending, don't need any accessories so can't really see the point.

We get more disappointed each time we go, the winter and spring shows have been poor (being nice here !) even September show wasn't great..

Have always tried to support it but can't bring myself to attend this one, hope you all have a great weekend though, weather's looking fine (y)

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We are only going (in the car) on Saturday but I really hope it goes well for everyone or we will loose it. Don't have a funster badge to wear but will have a hiking stick (legs not too good), a blue baseball type hat, black jeans, red underpants and a camouflage rucksack on my back!! Les is blond and will be nattering!!:rollingeyes:
See you there! >:)

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
There must be a few of you coming to Bath and West Showground this weekend?!!! Come on, own up! :winky:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Another thread on here now saying only 12
Trade stands and 4 mh stands @£10 adm

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Seriously and sadly we (Van Bitz) are considering missing the September one as well! First time since 1990 as it is just up the road from us, but it seems to have had its day

Last year most people we spoke to were complaining about how poorly attended the show now is

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I have heard that the Bath and West is due to get a multi million pound makeover before long so I assume they may be closing it for awhile. Perhaps things will improve after that but it will be hard to get the motorhome shows up and running again. I guess it will be the chicken and egg syndrome. Few stands, few visitors...few visitors, few stands. We will see..

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Certainly seems like ever decreasing circles...

With so many wanting new vans, the National Show in October seems to be the destination of choice...

Shame, September show was always a good weekend but agree that it might of had its day :(

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We are here now and it is absolutely atrocious that they are charging people £7.50 for one line of traders / dealers. This is by far the worst year we have seen it and we have been to the last 2. This year we decided to camp over for the entertainment for a couple of days. If it weren't for this we would of gone.

Such a shame it has come to this, there must be a lot of unhappy people once they see what's on offer.

This will be our last year here.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Who are the organisers?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
L X Trix Ltd or something similar - not one that I have heard of before.

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
We are here now and it is absolutely atrocious that they are charging people £7.50 for one line of traders / dealers. This is by far the worst year we have seen it and we have been to the last 2. This year we decided to camp over for the entertainment for a couple of days. If it weren't for this we would of gone.

Such a shame it has come to this, there must be a lot of unhappy people once they see what's on offer.

This will be our last year here.

Really sorry to hear that. Let us know how the evening and entertainment went please.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
The beached boys were very good last night. Tonight is miss vintage and dusty Springfield tribute. Both are very good but there is just very few people here for them to sing too.

Such a shame.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We took a chance and attended and it was pretty much a complete waste of time. You could easily take in the trade stalls in 10 minutes and everybody we spoke to, both visitors and traders, though it was terrible. However the one at Westpoint in Exeter was even worse last year so for people living in the South West then we will have to travel to the NEC etc to buy our bits and pieces

The Tincas

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi.
Being as this show is very near to us and one that we have enjoyed going to for a long time I am saddened and annoyed at the way it has now turned out.
I have sent the following message to the organisers and hope for a reply soon. I will keep you informed.

On behalf of many other motorhoming friends who use to enjoy coming to the Motorhome Shows at the Bath and West showground can you please explain why there are now so few stands and exibitors that it is not worth paying the discounted entry fee to attend. People use to come from miles away but I understand that the recent show was very poorly attended. I have heard from a few that did go that it has been the worst motorhome show that they have visited and they would not come again. If this is the case, what are you going to do about it before the next one in September?
Regards. A very dissapointed (local) ex visitor.

:worried:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We did think to go as it's only a short blast for us, but friends who were there came out by mid-day and phoned us telling us not to bother. :( - It's a shame really as it's a cracking venue and not so long back the September show had literally fields as far as you could see stuffed with MoHo''s. There was always lots of traders and a good 'vibe' there.
Probably just too many, too close together (time wise).

Trikeman.;)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi.
Being as this show is very near to us and one that we have enjoyed going to for a long time I am saddened and annoyed at the way it has now turned out.
I have sent the following message to the organisers and hope for a reply soon. I will keep you informed.

On behalf of many other motorhoming friends who use to enjoy coming to the Motorhome Shows at the Bath and West showground can you please explain why there are now so few stands and exibitors that it is not worth paying the discounted entry fee to attend. People use to come from miles away but I understand that the recent show was very poorly attended. I have heard from a few that did go that it has been the worst motorhome show that they have visited and they would not come again. If this is the case, what are you going to do about it before the next one in September?
Regards. A very dissapointed (local) ex visitor.

:worried:
LOL They can't make people go !

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I imagine that there are too many exhibitions all around the country and all the traders have to ration both their weekend time and budgets to decide which events to attend. I have been to Exeter a few times and Chepstow and neither were worth the effort or cost from the number of exhibitors present. At Chepstow we camped and the weather was dire, raining all the time and cold but we did buy our awning there. The weather can't be helped but it will put off day visitors to shows.

We loved Malvern and have also been to Newbury, both very big shows well worth going to even though we live in Devon. Also been to the NEC but that is somewhat different.

Currently looking forward to Peterborough though we were too late booking to get into the Fun club area!

MMM seem to have a good formula or have just been going longer and have an established exhibitor and customer base tied into their magazines and websites.

New show organisers don't have the track record to attract sufficient exhibitors and are probably too late into the game and should die a natural death rather than upset everyone with promises of stands and exhibitors that never materialise.

Its a vicious circle where too few punters make the show not worthwhile for exhibitors who don't return making it worse the next year!

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
LOL They can't make people go !
They sure can't, but they should let people know in advance if they only have traders to fill the small road up the main path. I am not kidding when i say it would take you 15 mins to walk to the top and back as there were no traders along the sides like there have been in past years. Or they should cut the cost of the entry as I know there were a lot of unhappy people including the traders to be honest. Be good to know what will be done to try and get the traders and also the public back as this would of done some damage to their reputation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back