Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2014
What is the general option over the spacing of services for Motorhomes; is it number of miles travelled or every twelve months?

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi
For us , Every 6 months, MOT and check followed by full wheels off service 6 months later,
For the addittional cost it's worth the piece of mind that it has been lifted on the ramps and checked all over.

But 12 monthly irrespective of mileage.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
For us:
Oil and filter change every 12 months
Full service every 24 months.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Our warranty requires us to have both a habitation and a base vehicle service every year. Last service and MOT at about 12k miles when they changed the engine oil, oil filter and fuel filter. The van is 5 years old! Next MOT due in September 2015 when I will get them to give it a more thorough look for the service!

Deleted User
Service inteval for a fiat/peugeot is 24 months and that is only the very basics. i.e. Oil/fuel/cabin. Only one that is critical is oil. Others wont do damage. Dont expect your service technician to check anything else that is important unless he can sell you something.
I will change the oil and filet yearly but will do it myself to make sure it really has been done.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
We’ve always believed that serviced components will not wear out as quickly as neglected ones and that it’s best to find vehicle faults before they become disastrous, particularly faulty brakes, suspension, tyres etc.

We’ve just put the MH into the garage to have the cam belt changed as it’s now 5 years since we had it done last. We are also having 4 new tyres as they are all over 5 years old now - none are badly worn but we don't want a blow-out on the motorway.

We have a full service (wheels off) every 12 months, just before the MOT. We bought the MH five years ago when it was 16 years old. It's now 21 years old and always passes its MOT with no advisories.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bosley1950

Bosley1950

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2014
cheers guys, as usual on this site very helpfull and useful information.
Enjoy your travels explore and have fun
Adventure before dementia

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I follow the manufacturer's servicing schedule. (After all, they designed and built it!). This means a service every two years and whilst the service is not cheap, it's cost effective over two years and I have confidence the service is correctly carried out with the correct replacement parts, and in the event of a major component failure I'm likely to be well supported by the Fiat service dealer and get a reasonable discount.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back