Nov 14, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just bought our first motorhome. Dec 2010
Hi
We recently bought a Bessacarr E460. We have been looking at wheelclamps and other safety devices. The wheels of our new motorhome have trims. Stronghold security seem to do one which covers the wheel and trim. Has anyone used these and would they recommend them? We are also considering a Fiamma duo0safe pro secuirty bar for inside the cab. Any other tips/advice would be welcome!

Thanks

Rickyd :winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
In addition to our alarm we have Disklok see www.disklokuk.com, covers the whole steering wheel and is Thatcham approved. Another deterrent :thumb:

Larry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
While we havea VanBitz strike back system....

While we have a VanBitz strike back system which as we all know is all singing and bells etc., ..bloody loud..

We were worried about our cat on the RV.. So we spent a fortune ..well £ 6.99 including postage on EBay for a PIR detector with built in 115db siren.. We have it in line with the side of the RV.. Above cat, and fox height to catch anyone at night coming down the side which would allow someone to slide under the RV to get to the cat.

We have a small wall the other side of the RV so they can only get to the cat from one place.. The unit has about 15 foot range and a tilting head on a base screwed into the porch.. Runs on 4 pen light batteries or a 6v power adapter.

It work.. We did not tell our daughter and her husband that were visiting the other night.. Walked along side the RV and set it off.. Yes it is loud and the activation light cannot be seen from the path.. Works a treat.

Going back to the post.. I have used various wheel clamps on caravans and trailers.. And I found wheel hub or covers to always be a problem.. Leaves to much room to get the clamp loose, or it damages the hub trim.... Not tried a steering wheel total cover.. But the space it would take up puts me off looking at one.

The VanBitz strike back is very effective plus we have the original Winnebago equipment alarm wise as well.

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
While we have a VanBitz strike back system which as we all know is all singing and bells etc., ..bloody loud..

We were worried about our cat on the RV.. So we spent a fortune ..well £ 6.99 including postage on EBay for a PIR detector with built in 115db siren.. We have it in line with the side of the RV.. Above cat, and fox height to catch anyone at night coming down the side which would allow someone to slide under the RV to get to the cat.

We have a small wall the other side of the RV so they can only get to the cat from one place.. The unit has about 15 foot range and a tilting head on a base screwed into the porch.. Runs on 4 pen light batteries or a 6v power adapter.

It work.. We did not tell our daughter and her husband that were visiting the other night.. Walked along side the RV and set it off.. Yes it is loud and the activation light cannot be seen from the path.. Works a treat.

Going back to the post.. I have used various wheel clamps on caravans and trailers.. And I found wheel hub or covers to always be a problem.. Leaves to much room to get the clamp loose, or it damages the hub trim.... Not tried a steering wheel total cover.. But the space it would take up puts me off looking at one.

The VanBitz strike back is very effective plus we have the original Winnebago equipment alarm wise as well.

Bob:Blush:

Hi Bob I have just ordered a pir operated awning light for when abroad, hopefully any potential intruder in the dark will scarper when illuminated, may put one on other side as well

Larry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The Clutch Claw

This is a good security product ..

Link Removed

It's easy to put on and remove and is a lot smaller and lighter than a wheel clamp.

:thumb:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
i have the wife,her voice scares me and i dont scare easily :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
dave

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Any security measure is better than none but a friend of mine had her motorhome stolen, it did have an immobiliser and a clamp on the front wheel. They simply winched it up at the front with a tow truck, popped the front drivers window took the hand brake off and drove away. So if they want it they will try and get it so make it as difficult as possible for them.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think the wheel clamp you refer to is sold secure and as such is usually insurance company approved.
if that one isnt, there are some that are.

door to door bar......not really a good idea if you're in the van.
if theres a fire and the front doors are your only exit you need to open the doors quick...fumbling with keys could mean the difference between getting out and not :Eeek:

fine if you're away from the van.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Portrait photos of the MIL in the windows:ROFLMAO:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
This from Christchurch news a short time ago. Even in the direst of circumstances, there are those who would take advantage of every opportunity to relieve you of your possessions - you can never do enough:
"..........says 8 people were arrested overnight for various offences including breaching the cordon. They have all appeared in court and two have been remanded in custody for allegedly stealing power generators. "

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Something very often overlooked is one of the simplest deterrents available A BIG chain and lock

If you park near a street lamp or similar put a big chain around the post and your front axle.

if you park on your own premises get one of these things:

Link Removed

It is called a ground anchor.
Ok, it is a bit of a pain getting the chain on the front ( or rear ) axle, but it is a VERY strong deterrent to would be thieves

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back