Free Member
Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New
I have seen a few motorhomes with these on their pitches and am thinking of purchasing one, mainly as we are going off to a much more commercial site and would rather stake a claim to our pitch. Any suggestions or links to where best to buy them. Did a bit of a google search but it's a lottery that way and would rather get one somewhere through someones experience

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Just make one yourself I did....a size A4 photo paper....Type out..

............................Motorhome Using This Pitch.........................

Print It Off...Laminate it....Attach to small pole...Job Done!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We had ours printed onto plastic board by these people for ÂŁ6 and fixed it to a traffic cone

Link Removed

just send details of what you want including a photo of your van possibly plus any words and your vehicle registration number. If you can use a basic photo editing program, design the layout yourself, but remember, what you send is what they will print

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
We had ours printed onto plastic board by these people for ÂŁ6 and fixed it to a traffic cone

Link Removed

just send details of what you want including a photo of your van possibly plus any words and your vehicle registration number. If you can use a basic photo editing program, design the layout yourself, but remember, what you send is what they will print

We had one of these..Someone "Borrowed" it and never returned it..Some people eh...Still they must have really needed it!!!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
they could "borrow" ours, but we had it printed to include our reg number and names

Reserved for Motorhome
YJ08GXG
John & Bren are just out for the day

not a lot of point in anyone else having it

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Caravan club do one.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

also sold on club sites, but as said.. easy made

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
do you think that will stop someone removing your sign

Putting a sign in the ground will not stop someone taking your pitch... I have read many a tale about those that have had there signed, chairs or other items removed off the pitch when they go out of site...

So a cone or bit of plastic can soon get run over or removed.

Bob:Sad:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Putting a sign in the ground will not stop someone taking your pitch... I have read many a tale about those that have had there signed, chairs or other items removed off the pitch when they go out of site...

So a cone or bit of plastic can soon get run over or removed.

Bob:Sad:

I think that would be a rare happening Bob .. but as you say, won't stop some tosser just ignoring it .. and there are a fair few of them driving about ..

I recall one time on an aire, a French vanner left his Fiamma levelling ramps.. like everyone else I assumed he had left them to keep his spot .. but after a couple of days it dawned on me (and others) that he must have forgotten them.. and even though the aire was bursting at the seams .. no one moved them until it was obvious he wasn't coming back.

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We bought the one that Jim shows from a CC site last year, ÂŁ6 paid as someone else said. However, I feel that it needs to be on a taller stick, because there will always be people (who should've gone to Specsavers):Doh: that will just reverse onto a pitch without actually looking properly.

As another Funster said, no matter what you leave in your space, someone could park in it. It hasn't happened to us yet, but the warden at a CC site said to us that if a tugger reversed onto our pitch, even with the "reserved" sign, they would be allowed to stay, whilst we would need to find another pitch:Angry: Why the warden can't tell new arrivals which pitches are taken already, I don't know:RollEyes:

I'm thinking of getting a sign with flashing lights on it, just to make sure it's noticed.........grrrrrrr:Doh:
Margaret

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I think that would be a rare happening Bob .. but as you say, won't stop some tosser just ignoring it .. and there are a fair few of them driving about ..

I recall one time on an aire, a French vanner left his Fiamma levelling ramps.. like everyone else I assumed he had left them to keep his spot .. but after a couple of days it dawned on me (and others) that he must have forgotten them.. and even though the aire was bursting at the seams .. no one moved them until it was obvious he wasn't coming back.

Who you calling a tosser.... :Eeek:

I didn`t see the stupid little sign... :winky::ROFLMAO:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Landmines would probably work, you'd have to put a sign up first though. The added advantage is that although you would lose the sign if ignored, you would probably improve site etiquette..............and get to meet Joanna Lumley.::bigsmile:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Morton in (on?) the Marsh,

"Scuse me! can you get my sign please?"
"Sign? What sign?"
"the sign that says this pitch was reserved! the sign you drove over, the sign under yer frigging van yu blind son of a B****"

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
DIY

Broken Link Removed
Take photo, print photo with suitable caption, 2 sheets of thinish blockboard hinged at top, glue photo to blockboard, laminate, seal edges with varnish, done. 3 days at the full Edinburgh CC site with rain gale force winds, sign still fine. Only use it in Edinburgh, normally just use CL's and aires in France.

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
I've found that the only guaranteed way of keeping your pitch is to park a large vehicle, a motor home for example, on it :Smile:
For the very rare occasion that we leave a pitch, I have an old number plate on a stick. Cost me nothing!

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
now if you were to take a toad you wouldn't need a sign as the motorhome would be on the pitch :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Fritz & Heidi would look after your pitch:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 9

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a bit like the Germans putting towel on sun beds

Putting a sign on a pitch you are not on is a bit like the Germans and there towels on sun beds.

As some have suggested you might need to consider other ways of getting about while you are at a site. I could take my RV off site at Rutland next week (Sunday onwards).. but I will have Sue follow the RV in the Car so we can get off site.. we would have used the trailer, but that is now sold. I know lots have bikes or like to walk... plus others have that lip of metal attached to the tow bar and the front of a car:RollEyes:

But if you leave a bowl on the sun bed then it may get removed or parked on top of.

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
leave this wit big lettering I`LL BE BACK ! Broken Link Removed :roflmto:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I'm amazed at what you've said about the CC. Every CC site we've stayed on they've given us a site plan and marked either the free ones or the taken ones!

Of course if you don't report back to reception that 'we've decided on pitch number X' then they won't tell anyone else it's taken. I'd expect them to take it seriously if we had told them and someone parked themselves on it whilst we were out, and I'd expect them to insist the other one moved his butt. And Pete won't leave ANYTHING on site. Trusts nobody! LOL

Mad really cos if you go camping in a tent and go out, you just leave EVERYTHING, don't you? :ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
make one like mine (see avatar),

or if your like me useless at such things, get your tallanted brother-in-law to make one for you, :winky:

(sorry no he dosn't do commissions)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
make one like mine (see avatar),

or if your like me useless at such things, get your tallanted brother-in-law to make one for you, :winky:

(sorry no he dosn't do commissions)

Excellent idea or just an old number plate screwed onto to a piece of 2 x 2 and hammered into the ground

Peter

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Was it something that I did ?
There were four pages on this thread when I clicked on it and now there are three.
I was reading a page and it just vanished :Eeek:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I had a self-adhesive number plate made up at Halfords, stuck that onto a short length of wooden decking, then screwed that onto a small piece of old windbreak stake.

On the odd occasions when we use campsites I stick that on the pitch if we're out for the day. Never had any bother so far.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Was it something that I did ?
There were four pages on this thread when I clicked on it and now there are three.
I was reading a page and it just vanished :Eeek:

Just goes to show how much, or little, we remember about what we've just read. :Cool: I reckon it was JJ playing tricks on us, or maybe a naughty post just got lifted. I know where the bodies are buried! :RollEyes:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

If the aire was full, I would have moved them, on a site no, but you cannot reserve a space on an aire, it goes against the principle of them.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back