Free Member
May 18, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Fifth Wheel
Exp
Since 2008
Good evening everyone, I would just like to know if anyone can recommend a valetter or polisher, as I would like someone to clean and polish my motorhome, (as I am a lazy B*****D) I'd much rather be sat drinking watching someone else do it.
I am located in Worsley, Manchester, I don't mind travelling but would prefer a mobile valetter.
Thank you in advance because I am sure I will get lots of very colourful replies.
p.s. we (manchester united) might be crap in the league but we are the last english team in the champions league.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'm sure there's a Dunster.. Gt3000 or similar who have a great reputation for cleaning/valeting

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi
Following on from a previous post and the interest that has generated we are pleased to say our new valeting center will be open for business within the next couple of weeks,
Located in South Yorkshire 2mins from the Blyth exit of the A1M jct 34 postcode DN118NF

RS Valeting
Motorhome valeting price list:

Full exterior valet inc :
Pre-rinse, Ph neutral snow foam wash, Clay (if needed), DA machine buff/polish, Hand applied wax protection, Wheels & arches cleaned, Tyres & arches dressed, Exterior trim dressed, Brightwork polished, Exterior glass cleaned.
£175 (minimum 2 days)

Interior cab area valet :
Headlining & Seats cleaned, Dashboard & door cards cleaned & dressed, Floor area vacuumed cleaned & dressed, Interior cab area class cleaned.
£25 (2-3hrs)

Habitation cab area valet :
Headlining & seating cleaned, Vacuumed throughout & carpets cleaned, Oven/microwave & fridge/freezer cleaned, exterior of cupboards/units cleaned, Bathroom area cleaned, Interior glass/mirrors cleaned.
£60 (1 day)

Aromatek vehicle interior treatment
A permanent solution to in-vehicle odours. The system uses dry vapour produced from 32 natural essential oils to:
Neutralise and permanently remove malodours such as those produced by tobacco smoke, animals and food.
Re-odourise and refresh "stale" interiors. Unlike conventional air-fresheners the dry vapour produced by the Aromatek system penetrates deep into the porous surfaces inside the vehicle
£40 (4hrs)

Windscreen & driving area glass 'nano' treatment
All driving area glass (exterior) cleaned polished and then sealed with a two stage Nano sealant, repels rain water improving vision reducing eye fatigue and keeping glass cleaner for longer.
£25 (2-3hrs)

Any combination of the above available
Motorhome Fun discount :
Any single stage -5%
All the above 5 stages -7.5% = £300
All prices inc vat.

We can also provide all aspects of valeting for your toad or personal car

Tel: Dave 07855 785292
Please ring or PM for any further info or with any queries

Manda 3000gt is the user name I think

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
await for scouts bob a job week, always a good deal done if supplying lemonade:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
[HI]p.s. we (manchester united) might be crap in the league but we are the last english team in the champions league.
[/HI]

SORRY did you mean the last team going out.:thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I now know I have joined the right club. welcome to the mad house.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Manda3000gt is Dave & Amanda's forum name and would highly recommend their valeting services, their business is near Doncaster and Dave's mobile number is 07855 785292.

Or if you live down in Dorset I can recommend my son who has his own valeting company, I can forward his mobile number on request.

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
i would say most mobile guys but

its serious stuff cleaning a motorhome i took 6 hours last week totaly cleaning mine, all i can say is if you use a jet wash lance be carfull about your seals and roof vents etc that jet washer can get in everywhere also can burst out some seals that may cause future problems ,,
be gentle lots of love and care, then get out and enjoy it because when u come back it will be all manky again,, what a waste of time:Sad:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i get the boys at the local hand carwash to clean the van (£15) and if it needs polishing or waxing and the roof cleaning i get a local young Polish/Lithuanian to do it for me (about £25)

polish it using MER resin polish both spring and autumn and the dirt just washes off with the rain. treat the glass with rainx or similar and the glass stays clean and water beads off it. use the right products and it really cuts down the effort needed and stays cleaner longer. also keeps the van looking like new to protect residual value

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
Our Luton is all GRP so needs special care and attention. Over the last ten years I have tried several methods of restoring the shine and finish.
My conclusion is the only way to get good long lasting results is with Hard work + power polisher + Faurecia G3 Compound and finally Caranauba wax.
Takes about five days but its worth it.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Our Luton is all GRP so needs special care and attention. Over the last ten years I have tried several methods of restoring the shine and finish.
My conclusion is the only way to get good long lasting results is with Hard work + power polisher + Faurecia G3 Compound and finally Caranauba wax.
Takes about five days but its worth it.
have you tried stripping it with the Farecla G3 Compound then sealing with a quality liquid resin polish? I have had a couple of grp box van trailers over the years. 2 of them were previously covered with vinyl advertising leaving shadows after they were removed. i stripped the polish using a rotary polisher and compound then put on the resin (MER). came up good as new and other than a good wash when dirty, just needed a polish every now and then to keep it looking good

one trailer i bought for £800 because of the stickers and dull grp. after cleaning and polishing (and a brake service), I sold it a year later for £1900 mainly because it looked great.

Oct 29, 2013
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year motorhomer after 21 years caravanning
I'm sure United normally employ someone to polish up any new trophies they win.

As they'll be jobless this year they'll probably be grateful to be asked to polish your MH instead :ROFLMAO:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi
Following on from a previous post and the interest that has generated we are pleased to say our new valeting center will be open for business within the next couple of weeks,
Located in South Yorkshire 2mins from the Blyth exit of the A1M jct 34 postcode DN118NF

Tel: Dave 07855 785292
Please ring or PM for any further info or with any queries

Manda 3000gt is the user name I think

I can personaly recomend Dave at RS valating, my gel coat had gone dull, my bonete flat, it came back to me better than new, gleaming, shinning, glossy, (easy to wash now:Smile:)

still good after 18 months inc two winters,

there may be otheres closer to you, but DAVE IS VERY GOOD

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Give Phil a call on 07572 99 62 36 - Mirror Finish 2 Professional Valeting
Manchester based

I've seen their work and it is good. Just waiting for them to come and do mine..::bigsmile:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
mine does the same.i am going to clean mine so it looks ok for p/boro/and I have got to keep chasing of the blasted pigeons. anyone got a catapult.:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back