LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
A few weeks ago my motorhome was vandalised outside my house (on my drive) so I decided to park it somewhere else. So I moved it to my “better half’s”, so the van is parked on her drive and she lives in a semi.

Last week we were in France and when we got back home the neighbour asked if we could move the van as it was restricting the daylight into her kitchen.

This has not prevented he letting out her 3 dogs to pee and pooh all over our garden.
Question, what is the legal position re both issues?

Ta

ShiftZZ

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Unless there is a covenant or local authority by-law preventing parking of a large vehicle on the property then there should be nothing legally to stop the parking.

Covenants are normally between the original builder and the property owner so would have to be enforced by the builder - if they are still in business and/or can be bothered.

Local authority by-laws regarding parking of vehicles tend to be applied to their own housing estates rather than private developments.

The "right to light" argument normally arises as a result of planning applications or new permanent structures. A Google search will point to the several ways in which a right can arise.

As regards the dogs, The Rule in Rylands v Fletcher (1868) probably applies:
if a person brings or keeps anything on his land that should later escape and is a cause of damage to neighbouring properties, the owner is responsible for its effects no matter how careful he has been to retain that item

Graham

K

k1tty

Deleted User
If it's causing arguments can't you put the car on the road during the day and back on the drive at night? It's a difficult situation no matter where you stand legally, have you explained the situation to the neighbour? Call the citizens advice bureau and get some quick advice!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Tell the neighbours to sod off :Eeek: , then walk round with a shovel and pick up the dog crap and throw it at their walls. :thumb:

Worked a treat with our neighbours we no longer have dogs crapping all over the place and as we no longer speak to them dont have any issues with whats parked on the driveway either :thumb:

K

k1tty

Deleted User
Tell the neighbours to sod off :Eeek: , then walk round with a shovel and pick up the dog crap and throw it at their walls. :thumb:

Worked a treat with our neighbours we no longer have dogs crapping all over the place and as we no longer speak to them dont have any issues with whats parked on the driveway either :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
just a thought witch address did you tell your insurance company the van would be kept at .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back