LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We are just back from a week at a THS in Cornwall (Porth Beach) while visiting Padstow noticed the Motorhome parking area by the harbour, see photos :swear2:
padstow3.JPG
padstow4.jpg

Now I know they are works vans, but the car area of the car park was half empty so no need for them to use the only area for MH . I wonder what reaction we would get if we parked the MH in the car bays.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
From memory, Summer comes early to Padstow.
You can stay there all day for £2 until summer comes.
Then on MARCH 1ST (They must be joking) it goes up to about £7.50 and, even after that, there's to be no cooking, sleeping or staying overnight.
Welcome to Britain. Ithink not.

Jazzledog

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588PL
Exp
If you look to the top left of the photo with the vans you'll see some yellow barriers. My guess is that there is an electrical cable fault exposed in a pit inside that barriered area.The two outside vans are the contractors who dug down and exposed the cable, you'll notice the arm of a mini digger on the extreme right, the centre van is a jointing team for the Distribution Network Company who will be making any necessary repairs to keep the public safe and reestablish a working electricity supply. Probably.
They'll not be there for the sea air and Rick Steins fish and chip shop that's for sure.....(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i know a few fishermen in padstow, go down the fisherman's mission and ask for twinkle hes a well know guy, tell him I would like my £5.00 back I lent him in 1985

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
It was the same when we were there last month, thank goodness for a PVC that fits in a car space.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Where the mh parking area is there's a electricity substation directly behind. They will be working in or around it to keep the lights on!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back