Motorhome parking in Padstow

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by golly, May 21, 2016.

1. golly

golly Funster

We are just back from a week at a THS in Cornwall (Porth Beach) while visiting Padstow noticed the Motorhome parking area by the harbour, see photos :swear2:
    padstow3.JPG padstow4.jpg
    Now I know they are works vans, but the car area of the car park was half empty so no need for them to use the only area for MH . I wonder what reaction we would get if we parked the MH in the car bays.

• Like Like x 5
  2. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

From memory, Summer comes early to Padstow.
    You can stay there all day for £2 until summer comes.
    Then on MARCH 1ST (They must be joking) it goes up to about £7.50 and, even after that, there's to be no cooking, sleeping or staying overnight.
    Welcome to Britain. Ithink not.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jazzledog

Jazzledog Funster

If you look to the top left of the photo with the vans you'll see some yellow barriers. My guess is that there is an electrical cable fault exposed in a pit inside that barriered area.The two outside vans are the contractors who dug down and exposed the cable, you'll notice the arm of a mini digger on the extreme right, the centre van is a jointing team for the Distribution Network Company who will be making any necessary repairs to keep the public safe and reestablish a working electricity supply. Probably.
    They'll not be there for the sea air and Rick Steins fish and chip shop that's for sure.....(y)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. crabman

crabman Funster

i know a few fishermen in padstow, go down the fisherman's mission and ask for twinkle hes a well know guy, tell him I would like my £5.00 back I lent him in 1985

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sparkly

Sparkly Funster Life Member

It was the same when we were there last month, thank goodness for a PVC that fits in a car space.

6. Rob Turner

Rob Turner Funster

Where the mh parking area is there's a electricity substation directly behind. They will be working in or around it to keep the lights on!