Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
The two sites that have resricted entry are the car parks to the side of the castle in the Dunes,beautiful location ,out of the way and idilic,trouble is they can be seen from castle windows . By the sound of it they are fed up with lots of Vans turnig up together so I dont think itll bother them the odd much smaller ones getting through.Theres a hell of a lot kite surfer's with pick ups and Landrovers etc use these paticular car parks,so I suppose itll now mean more room for them. It really is a shame its had to come to this ! Take a look for yourselves how nice it was. Alan

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...5.611105,-1.717376&spn=0.004817,0.016512&z=17
Now you put it like that, i suppose theres nothing prettier for folk in the castle to look out on than a load of old landrovers and pickups. No chance of any rubbish being left by this lot eh!

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Yes and the vans that will get under the height barrier will be the kind with no on board facilities. Watch where you tread in the dunes then.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
These height barriers are preventing the likes of myself Ironicaly, its the smaller outfits who are still literally getting under the radar, thus able to 'overnight on the cheap',
I however, have no wish to tar all fellow campers with the smaller units, of any possible wrongdoing.
:helpsos:
I have a supplementary question (and i havent asked permission!) about these height barriers - supposedly to prevent motorhomes at night, and, overnighting in general. What about the plethora of campervans that can access the place at anytime, AND overnight? What do the castle owners say about this? Do they actually realise that all 'motorhomes' arent ten foot high and brilliant white in colour?
Are they happy some are getting through? Do the know? Do they care?
Are you sure this is not becoming an obsession Mixer.:Wacko:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
opp5

So can we park at Bamburgh Castle or not I'm still confused.:help:

Yes you can park at Bamborough. There is a coach/car park with dedicated Motorhome parking bays. This is opposite the Castle across the road.

You may not be able to overnight however. The other car park toward Seahouses with toilets is available for parking but is locked at night and out of season.

What they have done is stop large vehicles using the dune area to the north of the castle with magnificent views of Lindisfarne and easy access to the beach. These barriers are to be removed November to February.

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
:helpsos:

Are you sure this is not becoming an obsession Mixer.:Wacko:

When im being discriminated against, you bet i get obsessive - for fair play.

Youve already said youre more than happy with the situation as it doesnt affect you -
Personally I love height barriers never had a problem with them, being less than 2 meters high I can fit under, no problem.
- well some of us are less so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Personally I love height barriers never had a problem with them, being less than 2 meters high I can fit under, no problem. There are far worst restrictions to stop nuisance parkers than height barriers.
Am I being selfish, definitely?
But then I don’t abuse my ability to go anywhere stay anywhere. Unlike a growing number of motor homers who under the banner of freedom of choice are completely spoiling miles of our coastline. Any town or village that doesn’t sanction and enforce draconian laws or methods will become abused by huge numbers of these motor homers, that just like to do it on the cheap. It’s not the chaves it’s not the 4x4s or cars that are taking advantage of a free ride. It’s the motor homers.:Doh:
Studland bay, Aldeburgh, Southwold, Devon, Cornwall Dorset all areas where we could once sit in our motor homes and enjoy a meal :cry:even the occasional overnight have been restricted through continued abuse by ourselves in our motor homes.. This will continue until we are restricted from every decent spot in the country. You are not only spoiling it for yourselves, you are spoiling it for the thousands of responsible motor homers who abide by the rules, so who are the selfish ones.:Confused:
Could I introduce you to something that you possibly haven’t come across. They are called campsites most are adjacent to nice areas but sorry there is a charge for staying overnight..:Cool:

Thought I would share the rest of this quote with you mixer. Going round and round makes me feel dizzi:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back