Motorhome parking at Lincoln

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Brisey, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Saw the following on UKMotorhomes , may be of interest to those going to the Xmas market.

Lincoln stopovers! (Dec 08)
    Lincoln City council have confirmed to us that motorhomes may stay overnight at the Tentercroft and Lawn car parks, at owners' risk. These are pay and display car parks with an overnight charge of £1.50

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

When we were at the market two years ago The Lawn was either closed or given over to disabled parking. From threads elsewhere I think Tentercroft may remain open as usual.

I don't think I would like to drive the van in Lincoln during that busy time though :Smile:

Graham

3. MME

MME Read Only Funster

Hi Graham,

The access to Tentercroft is excellent and if my directions on MME are followed all the busy Lincoln traffic can be avoided. The car park has an area at the rear, ideal for large motorhomes.

Best regards,
    John

View at:

http://www.motorhome.me.uk/market-rasen.html

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Hello John,

Thanks. Haven't used Tentercroft myself but I've seen from mapping how easy it is to access.

My comment about driving the van in Lincoln during Christmas market time was based on general observation of crowds and traffic two years ago :Smile:
    Much less stressful using the P&R - especially as we weren't looking for overnuight accommodation in the city :Smile:

Graham