Motorhome owners have their say on night parking (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
ePetitions .

are the way to go.. get 100,000 signatures and it MAY be debated in parliament ..

have a search .. I'm almost sure there was one started a while ago..

There have been several over the last couple of years, Jim. They have been publicised on forums and in magazines. I don't think one ever reached 1,000 never mind 100,000 :Smile: Which is why I no longer believe that there is any widespread desire for "aires" (especially if there is a charge involved) in this country :whistle:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There have been several over the last couple of years, Jim. They have been publicised on forums and in magazines. I don't think one ever reached 1,000 never mind 100,000 :Smile: Which is why I no longer believe that there is any widespread desire for "aires" (especially if there is a charge involved) in this country :whistle:

I thought that would flush you out ..... :roflmto:

I recall the lack of enthusiasm .. :Sad:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
So who is going to write the letter ?What exactly are "WE" going to say in the letter ::bigsmile:Who ever writes the "letter" stating what we want to say ? will have my support :thumb: I will even stump up the stamp money :thumb::winky: thereby giving financial support :thumb::ROFLMAO: So who is the best letter writer?-perhaps Graham (GDH) ? he always tries to make good sensible posts ::bigsmile: or Pusser ? (where ever he's gone) after all it is in his specialty field (loo's etc) and would be no doubt entertaining :ROFLMAO:
terry

Sorry Graham should have said GJH :thumb: GOT YOU MIXED UP WITH THE WIFE'S HAIR STRAIGHTENERS :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I already sent a reply to the newspaper's response adress. Don't know what they'll do with it.
Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have found by experience that these newspapers only publish the motorhome parking stories when they are short of news.

I read that the local traders and MP in Stornoway were upset about motorhome parking. When I visited only a few weeks after the report I went around and asked a number of traders who all said that they welcomed the trade that we bring, I was even told where was best to park by one lady who just approached us when we pulled up.

I also read about Scarborough traders complaining about lost trade due to wild camping in vans. Once again, I spoke to local traders who also told me that in the current financial climate any trade is welcome and they could not think of any issues that have been caused by motorhomers,

The best thing is to just continue doing as we do and visit these places supporting local traders and make sure we do it responsibly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back