Free Member
May 6, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi Everyone,

I am due to retire from the Army at the end of the year and our plan is to relocate to France (long term rent) buy a motorhome and tour Europe (well you have to have a dream).....

We hired a Swift Bolero last year and toured the Loire and we loved it and that whats inspired us to go live the dream. We have lots of questions but not sure where to start so we will over the coming months be posting them so that we can learn and harness the myriad of experience that this site no doubt has.

Initial thoughts are:

Do we buy here or France
Solar
Satelite TV
Internet use whilst in EU

Thanking you in advance for any help, advice, pointers etc that you are able to offer.

Kind regards,

Vince

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

cant answer your questions but someone might be able to

this website has a great search facility with loads of info so have a trawl through xxx

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you are going to permanently live in your own house in France and nothing in UK, definately buy a French registered van, lot less hassle

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Welcome Vince from us :thumb:

A few words of advice, when viewing properties in France remember you will require a large parcel of land, an old orchard would be nice. Close proximity to a nice village with a good restaurant and a few bars. Sounding good so far? it will to all of us who will want to come and visit :roflmto:
Enjoy your time off.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Viper and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Bienvenue

Hi Viper and welcome to the "nut house".

I jumped through all the necessary hoops 3 -4 years ago in order to re-register a lhd vehicle I had bought in the UK and it was a fairly lengthy and pricey process. My advice would be, as Peter (J C Motorhomes) has suggested, if, in future, you won't have a UK base then buy in France.

If you can give an indication of what region of France you are thinking of moving to then one of the Funsters already living south of la Manche may well be able to give some advice on where to go looking.

Best wishes on trying to live your dream. We are.

J

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
:welcome:buy a lovely place in france then we can all come and stay....:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back