motorhome maps for Garmin Novi765T (1 Viewer)

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Can any one give me a site where I can order a sim card for my Garmin, that gives the best routes for motorhomes.
Bit worried I might get stuck under a bridge or in some narrow country lane when we visit UK next year.::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There's no such thing. There are PoIs available for download for low bridges and legally restricted weights/widths, plus some sat navs have software which will avoid such PoIs. However, all the base mapping is the same across a given manufacturer's range. None of the mapping providers have put in the effort required to actually measure narrow roads.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can any one give me a site where I can order a sim card for my Garmin, that gives the [HI]best routes for motorhomes.[/HI]
Bit worried I might get stuck under a bridge or in some narrow country lane when we visit UK next year.::bigsmile:

To the best of my knowledge , no such mapping exists .... on sim card or otherwise.. there are sat navs with routing for large vehicles.. but it's not on the maps..

best you can do is buy the Garmin maps for GB and Europe then install the POIs for 'low bridges' , 'weight restrictions ' etc .. most are free to download..

or a new sat nav with them installed...

edit.. Graham just beat me to it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Link Removed
here you will find poi files you may need for all sat navs
Link Removed
and here you can find aires in france and spain and acsi sites
you will need the garmin poi loader to be able to load these onto your device if its a garmin your using
put them onto a data card but make sure it is no more than 2gig has most satnavs dont read cards more than 2 gig

OP
OP
K

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Link Removed
here you will find poi files you may need for all sat navs
Link Removed
and here you can find aires in france and spain and acsi sites
you will need the garmin poi loader to be able to load these onto your device if its a garmin your using
put them onto a data card but make sure it is no more than 2gig has most satnavs dont read cards more than 2 gig

Thanks a lot mate!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back