Motorhome Maneuvering Course (1 Viewer)

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Highly recommended. We attended one several years ago and it was wellworth it, if only to boost your confidence. It was held ata local HGV training school with a qualified HGV instructor that the Caravan Club used - we were very pleased with the experience.

You will get quite a few people saying just go and practice in a car park, but that's not for everyone - personally, I would recommend the course, there were quite a few tips on there which have held me in good stead over the years!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
This was discussed at some length in a thread last year. As above, some will just say get in and drive but I would also recommend some training. Just because someone has been a car driver for years it doesn't mean they are a good driver and have nothing further to learn. I would be surprised if you didn't learn a few things over and above the manoeuvring side.

However, you might find a local HGV training centre locally who are cheaper and just as good.

Edit: Just rung a local HGV trainer and 4 hours tuition in our motorhome would be £150.00. I am planning on booking this for my wife as I'm happy driving it and I have driven trucks in the past but she hasn't plucked up courage to try the MH yet!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back