Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim submitted a new resource:

Motorhome Maintenance Spreadsheet - See what your maintenance is costing you per mile.

An easy to use spreadsheet that will enable to to get a basic idea about what your motorhome maintenance costs you per mile per year. I don't, but you could even add fuel and insurance if you wish for a more comprehensive running cost rather than just maintenance. It's up to you.. It's saved in a xls format and can be easily adapted to suit your needs

You'll need to be a subscriber to download this.

Read more about this resource...

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I used to do this with our yachts.

Soon stopped doing it when we bought a motorboat......

The wind is still free!! ;)

Mooring fees aren't though :(

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its had 61 downloads so far, so I hope some of those find it useful (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Its had 61 downloads so far, so I hope some of those find it useful (y)

I have downloaded it :thanks3:

Started entering all the items we bought including the fuel and any site fees since we took delivery of the motorhome in September. Hope you don't mind but I intend adding in a couple of extra fields to calculate the 'cost per night used' and extra sheets for future years to calculate the 'whole of life' cost on top of the cost per mile already there.

My wife takes the p*ss out of my spreadsheets but they keep me happy and I am certain I am going to be very happy as the costings will be significantly less than boating!

It will also be a useful record to have when we decide to sell/p.x. (y)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have downloaded it :thanks3:

Started entering all the items we bought including the fuel and any site fees since we took delivery of the motorhome in September. Hope you don't mind but I intend adding in a couple of extra fields to calculate the 'cost per night used' and extra sheets for future years to calculate the 'whole of life' cost on top of the cost per mile already there.

My wife takes the p*ss out of my spreadsheets but they keep me happy and I am certain I am going to be very happy as the costings will be significantly less than boating!

It will also be a useful record to have when we decide to sell/p.x. (y)

Glad you liked it (y)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I like the idea of keeping track of my expenditure, but I'm not sure my iPad likes the idea of downloading and saving a spreadsheet.

Has anyone downloaded this one on to their iPad ?, if so would you mind posting an idiot's guide for me please.

JonVonandDog

Free Member
Apr 15, 2014
Wellingborough
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
I`m a newbie
Excellent idea Jim, other half,(that's Von, not Dog) will have a great time playing with that, she spends her working life using spreadsheets. Nasty feeling I am going to spend this weekend digging out bills and invoices. Thinking about it, do I really want to know? The joy is using the moho not thinking about what it costs.;)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Wish I could get oil & filter for ÂŁ60 ;)

Gordon

PS the two headings of "year" are a bit confusing: I shall probably change one to "Man Date" or "Bought" :D

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I like the idea of keeping track of my expenditure, but I'm not sure my iPad likes the idea of downloading and saving a spreadsheet.

Has anyone downloaded this one on to their iPad ?, if so would you mind posting an idiot's guide for me please.

I may be wrong (no change there) but to get it onto my pad, and incidentally my android phone, I needed to download first onto a laptop with in my case W10. and then move to the pad with google drive. Works very well now.
No doubt there are easier/more straightforward ways of doing it, but it worked for me.
Geoff

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I may be wrong (no change there) but to get it onto my pad, and incidentally my android phone, I needed to download first onto a laptop with in my case W10. and then move to the pad with google drive. Works very well now.
No doubt there are easier/more straightforward ways of doing it, but it worked for me.
Geoff
Thanks Geoff, but unfortunately I don't have a laptop or home computer at the moment, so I'm hoping there may be a direct method.

Ken.

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
@Kingham Hi Ken Just downloaded it to my Ipad, rather than make long list lets take this in small steps.
Go to the web page in Safari and click on the downlod link, the spreadsheet should open in Safari.
Let me know if you can sort that part before we go any further.
Best Wishes Tony

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@Brakers Thanks Tony, yes I've got that far and have a choice of opening in "documents", or a few other locations.

Ps. Apologies for the delay, but I didn't get back from dog walking until 15.30hrs !

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ive opened it and printed it off .. I will complete it manually and help stave off the alzheimers ..... Thank you. It is a great idea.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ive opened it and printed it off .. I will complete it manually and help stave off the alzheimers ..... Thank you. It is a great idea.

Manually! All those figures in the spreadsheet auto calculate. :)

For those with an iPad you can download it and use "Numbers". or if you don't have that then have a look at iSpreadsheet in the App Store. Its free. (y)

Beakster

Free Member
Feb 19, 2017
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new!
I do love a good spreadsheet. Thanks

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Thanks Tony, yes I've got that far and have a choice of opening in "documents", or a few other locations.
Hi There perhaps I've jumped the gun a bit, to open this you will need a program like excel or apple equivelent "Numbers" you can download both from the Apple store "Free"
Let me know if you have any of these or are going to download them.

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
@Kingham Excel is free on Apple since this spreadsheet was made in Excel perhaps it would be advisable to download that one.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Yes it's excellent reminded me of one or two jobs that I need to deal with this year lol

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you, a good spreadsheet just need the discipline to fill it out!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back