Motorhome-less (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
That's it, sold my Motorhome last night, advertised it for 10 day slots twice on the Bay, over 800 viewings and 38 watchers drew 2 ludicrous offers, another one was keen but found out he had a covenant on his house and wasn't sure if he could park on his drive, only two couples came to see it and were most impressed with the condition of it but the first couple found it to be too short and decided to buy a new one a bit longer.

Second couple where 'over the moon' but had to secure some funds from building society, they needed to take their wage slips in on the Monday to verify their earnings, they mailed me two days later offering £3k less!!(I got an Email from this couple last night asking if I wanted to do a deal!!).

The listing ended so I decided to keep it for another year or two and cut my losses then out of the blue I got a call from someone local, he came round looked at it and said "I'm avin it", he came back last night with the full cash in a carrier bag!! So all in all just over three weeks to sell.

I'm packing up Motorhoming now, my disability is leaving me stranded on sites too often, tried electric bikes but find the roads too dangerous, I tried selecting sites that have public transport near but that I've found to be unreliable.

I may go back to tugging so I have a car with me for travelling about but I'm not certain yet. I've enjoyed this Forum and will keep an eye on what your all doing.

Regards
Tony

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Pity you've had to give up and best wishes for the future.

As regards sites near public transport, we've found that the weekend meets and THSs organised by the Motor Caravan Section of the C&CC tend to be reasonably close to bus stops - very convenient now we have bus passes :Smile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hope you find what you want, and all goes well in the future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
That's it, sold my Motorhome last night, advertised it for 10 day slots twice on the Bay, over 800 viewings and 38 watchers drew 2 ludicrous offers, another one was keen but found out he had a covenant on his house and wasn't sure if he could park on his drive, only two couples came to see it and were most impressed with the condition of it but the first couple found it to be too short and decided to buy a new one a bit longer.

Second couple where 'over the moon' but had to secure some funds from building society, they needed to take their wage slips in on the Monday to verify their earnings, they mailed me two days later offering £3k less!!(I got an Email from this couple last night asking if I wanted to do a deal!!).

The listing ended so I decided to keep it for another year or two and cut my losses then out of the blue I got a call from someone local, he came round looked at it and said "I'm avin it", he came back last night with the full cash in a carrier bag!! So all in all just over three weeks to sell.

I'm packing up Motorhoming now, my disability is leaving me stranded on sites too often, tried electric bikes but find the roads too dangerous, I tried selecting sites that have public transport near but that I've found to be unreliable.

I may go back to tugging so I have a car with me for travelling about but I'm not certain yet. I've enjoyed this Forum and will keep an eye on what your all doing.

Regards
Tony

Congratulaions on selling your van. A very sad time for you and my heart goes out to the many people who ae finding themselves in this situation. I am fortunate, at the moment, at being able bodied but we never know what the future holds.
I hope you still manage plenty of mobility in whatever you decide to purchase. Good luck for the future.
Wilf

todogseatsthemall

Free Member
Jul 27, 2010
jarrow , tyne and wear
Funster No
MH
just looking at moment
Exp
2008 as caravaner???
Motor home

HI GOOD NEW FOR YOU SELLING MOTOR HOME , I AM A CHUGGER AT MOMENT WAS LOOKING TO CHANGING TO M/HOME I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MOBILITY + TWO DOGS ?? HAVE GOT A MOTOR MOVER ON MY VAN HAVE NOT BEEN AWAY THIS YEAR YET,
REGARDS

Broken Link Removed.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck for the future and I hope you find what you think will suit you better. I hope you stay with this forum though as you'll be sorely missed if you leave altogether.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
One of those times when we have to make momentous decisions, whatever you do keep posting. :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi my local mate, sorry to hear that, but good news selling if thats what you deceided on, have a go at tugging, but don't give us up on fun you know you are one of us. :thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Sorry that you have had to give up with the motorhome, but you could go tugging with a small van that you just use for sleeping in, poss an Eriba they are also fairly light in weight to make manoeuvring easier, a friend of ours did that.
Best of luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back