Motorhome-less

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gooney, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Gooney

Gooney Funster

That's it, sold my Motorhome last night, advertised it for 10 day slots twice on the Bay, over 800 viewings and 38 watchers drew 2 ludicrous offers, another one was keen but found out he had a covenant on his house and wasn't sure if he could park on his drive, only two couples came to see it and were most impressed with the condition of it but the first couple found it to be too short and decided to buy a new one a bit longer.

Second couple where 'over the moon' but had to secure some funds from building society, they needed to take their wage slips in on the Monday to verify their earnings, they mailed me two days later offering £3k less!!(I got an Email from this couple last night asking if I wanted to do a deal!!).

The listing ended so I decided to keep it for another year or two and cut my losses then out of the blue I got a call from someone local, he came round looked at it and said "I'm avin it", he came back last night with the full cash in a carrier bag!! So all in all just over three weeks to sell.

I'm packing up Motorhoming now, my disability is leaving me stranded on sites too often, tried electric bikes but find the roads too dangerous, I tried selecting sites that have public transport near but that I've found to be unreliable.

I may go back to tugging so I have a car with me for travelling about but I'm not certain yet. I've enjoyed this Forum and will keep an eye on what your all doing.

Regards
    Tony

• Like Like x 1
  2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Pity you've had to give up and best wishes for the future.

As regards sites near public transport, we've found that the weekend meets and THSs organised by the Motor Caravan Section of the C&CC tend to be reasonably close to bus stops - very convenient now we have bus passes :Smile:

3. PaulyP

PaulyP Funster

Hope you find what you want, and all goes well in the future.

4. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Congratulaions on selling your van. A very sad time for you and my heart goes out to the many people who ae finding themselves in this situation. I am fortunate, at the moment, at being able bodied but we never know what the future holds.
    I hope you still manage plenty of mobility in whatever you decide to purchase. Good luck for the future.
    Wilf

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Remember the FUN motto: "Live dangerously Die young".

Go buy a Harley or something, but whatever you do don't just lie down and die.

• Like Like x 1
  6. todogseatsthemall

todogseatsthemall Read Only Funster

Motor home

HI GOOD NEW FOR YOU SELLING MOTOR HOME , I AM A CHUGGER AT MOMENT WAS LOOKING TO CHANGING TO M/HOME I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MOBILITY + TWO DOGS ?? HAVE GOT A MOTOR MOVER ON MY VAN HAVE NOT BEEN AWAY THIS YEAR YET,
    REGARDS

todogseatsthemall.

7. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster

Tony
    Good luck for the future whichever route you take:thumb:

8. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Good luck for the future and I hope you find what you think will suit you better. I hope you stay with this forum though as you'll be sorely missed if you leave altogether.

9. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

One of those times when we have to make momentous decisions, whatever you do keep posting. :thumb:

10. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi my local mate, sorry to hear that, but good news selling if thats what you deceided on, have a go at tugging, but don't give us up on fun you know you are one of us. :thumb:

11. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Sorry that you have had to give up with the motorhome, but you could go tugging with a small van that you just use for sleeping in, poss an Eriba they are also fairly light in weight to make manoeuvring easier, a friend of ours did that.
    Best of luck