Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
Hello all,

I've had a quick look round the forums for links to insurance information but my search skills have let me down. If you could point me in the right direction for insurance links or to your preferred insurer I'd appreciate it; otherwise, it's off to GoCompare for me.

Regards,
Lee.

Goshawk

Free Member
Mar 2, 2014
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
hello as with most things there is always choice, i use caravan guard and included is recovery, also camping and caravan club do the same and recovery with rac arrival, as i say there is choice, good luck :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Once you've had a look around Give AIB Insurance a call, they are giving a generous Funster discount and will pricematch most quotes:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have used Safeguard for the last three years but this year I'm going to give Jim's suggestion a try, if enough funsters use them then they will see it as an increasing profit centre and prices will reduce.....Best of luck .... Griff

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have used Comfort insurance for quite a few years now, though will give Jims recommendation a go, one question I would ask in case you need it, do they issue a green card.

Upvote 0

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I have used Safeguard for the last three years but this year I'm going to give Jim's suggestion a try, if enough funsters use them then they will see it as an increasing profit centre and prices will reduce.....Best of luck .... Griff

:cry:
Having just spent two days going round and round and waiting for C/Camping club pathetic site........I have Caravan Guard and Comfort Neck and neck. :winky:

So I will also give Jim's suggestion a try.:Doh:

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I found Safeguard to be a little less than Comfort, but their AA recovery has length restrictions that do not cover my MH so will stay with Comfort, as their RAC breakdown cover is brilliant (Have had to use it twice)

Upvote 0

Aminthule

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T564
Exp
Since July 2015
Which Motorhome

Which Motorhome's recent review of motorhome insurance (April 2014 edition) rated Comfort Insurance as 9/10 and their Insurance Provider of the year 2014.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Once you've had a look around Give AIB Insurance a call, they are giving a generous Funster discount and will pricematch most quotes:thumb:

I've just gone with AIB after seeing Jims post on them and I can confirm they are very competitive and very professional to deal with.
They listen to what you want and need and then find the best policy for you:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sift

Sift

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ringwood, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2014 :O
I went with AIB too for the same reasons as davanne. Plus the premium for me, 2 x named drivers and UK breakdown was so good that I'd be shopping around to save maybe ÂŁ10 - ÂŁ20. AIB were friendly and professional. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Lee.

Upvote 0

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We're with the Woolwich.......oops, sorry Safeguard::bigsmile:
Have been with them for a few years now, they handled our claim well when someone reversed into the side of our previous van:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

Upvote 0

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
I went to a broker called coast who insured me with zurich, I will find out how good they are on Monday as my habitation door has been ripped of and the van wrecked

Upvote 0
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are buying our first MH, not new, tried gocompare and a few others direct. Ended up with Comfort, good price, ok reviews and they seemed to cover virtually everything. Includes breakdown uk and Europe. Very helpful on the phone.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
I have been with Comfort for 3 years insurance is up for renewal in may so starting to have a look around again , will give Aib insurance a call for a start.

Upvote 0
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Before you agree to renew make sure that if you ever leave them they will give you written proof of your NCB. Some of the cowboys don't so you may revert back to zero if no proof is given to you. Just had this shock myself with The Insurance Factory, they were not very pleasant about it either. Gone to Safeguard as there all singing motorhome policy is competative at the moment.
Best of Luck

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back