Motorhome insurance (van conv.) with high mileage (1 Viewer)

lara_croft

Free Member
Oct 14, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi,

I've been searching for motorhome insurance - for a converted van (professional job), but I've found a lot of insurance companies don't offer very high mileage (apparently motorhome owners don't use their motorhomes very often!).

The highest I've found so far is 15,000... which seems low if you do much travelling to Europe, etc... It's only 41 miles per day over the year...

The other issue is, that some firms only offer it if you have a second car. Currently I do, but I may make the van my main/only vehicle at some point.

Does anyone know any firms that offer better terms for higher annual mileage?

Ta, Lara!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're with Comfort - changed to them when we wanted "unlimited" mileage (the policy does say 25000 but Comfort assured me that it means unlimited). Obviously we paid extra but didn't think it was unreasonable.
I believe the average motorhome use is 4000 miles p.a. so that is what most insurers quote on - some won't do any higher (our problem), others charge extra. However you might find it's the conversion that is causing the problem. Speak to several brokers, plenty of advice in the Insurance threads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back