Motorhome hire in Vicinity of Greater London

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Izoard, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Izoard

Izoard Read Only Funster

Dear Community!
    After some holidays with hired motorhomes in Europe and NA we (Family of 4) would like to try the UK southwest this summer. Flights to Heathrow are booked, now we are looking for a good, reliable and really economically priced motorhome rental. Train travel from Heathrow to the rental station won’t be a problem. We are arriving on a Tuesday, so rental period shouldn’t be connected to a certain weekday (like Friday or Saturday). Private rental also would be ok.
    Do you have any recommendations or hints outside the big standard services popping up in a Google search?
    Thank you in advance!
    Izoard

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

I am not aware of any hire within the greater London area that provides motorhomes however you could try John's Cross Motorhomes they do hire a few vehicles and are members of motorhome fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MikeD

MikeD Funster

4. Izoard

Izoard Read Only Funster

Thank you very much for you replies!
    I found a campervan for hire in the desired period very close to Heathrow (called "Practical Motorhome Hire") for a reasonable price. Does anyone know?

The only downside is that they do not have outside tables and chairs available. Is this not needed in the UK (like in US or Canada, where all parking lots or campgrounds have a picnic table) ?
    If not, is there a store where to buy these for a good price (like e.g. Decathlon which we have here in Germany and France).

Thanks,
    Izoard.

5. chaser

chaser Funster

Wouldn't worry about tables and chairs, you won't be spending much time sitting outside in UK:(

6. Izoard

Izoard Read Only Funster

Yes,
    I tried to push away that thought, so thanks for your confirmation putting me back to reality;)