Motorhome hire in Australia (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We are planning to hire a motorhome to travel up the east side of Australia next March. We've found two primary companies Apollo & Maui, the rest seem to be offshoots of these or re-sellers.
A bit of internet searching has come up with a mixed bag of reviews ranging from brilliant to downright appalling! We're totally confused.
Has any Funsters used either of these companies and if so could you give us an honest review please.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@Kiwi Brit is living back in NZ again he will know. May be asleep at the moment?!
Have a great trip lots of Funsters have made blogs and shared their trips! Looks fantastic!

OP
OP
Bernie P
Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
I shall await his comments.

I'm thinking of doing some sort of travel blog especially as we're doing NZ the month before. Going to get spectacular scenery overload I hope.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I hired from Maui in New Zealand which is the same company in Australia a few years ago and was pleased with the way the company operated

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We did the trip and hired from Maui. There service was excellent but the van was not very good. It wasn't until we travelled out of town and started to unpack that the lack of cleanliness hit us. We rang them and they said it had been valeted thoroughly. I assume they must employ blind cleaners.
Got a discount when we returned it after 10 weeks. Good luck and that's what it appears to be as we had a real minger in New Zealand from them as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back