Motorhome hire in Australia

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bernie P, May 5, 2016.

1. Bernie P

Bernie P Funster

We are planning to hire a motorhome to travel up the east side of Australia next March. We've found two primary companies Apollo & Maui, the rest seem to be offshoots of these or re-sellers.
    A bit of internet searching has come up with a mixed bag of reviews ranging from brilliant to downright appalling! We're totally confused.
    Has any Funsters used either of these companies and if so could you give us an honest review please.

2. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

@Kiwi Brit is living back in NZ again he will know. May be asleep at the moment?!
    Have a great trip lots of Funsters have made blogs and shared their trips! Looks fantastic!

3. Bernie P

Bernie P Funster

I shall await his comments.

I'm thinking of doing some sort of travel blog especially as we're doing NZ the month before. Going to get spectacular scenery overload I hope.

4. Polar bear

Polar bear Funster

I hired from Maui in New Zealand which is the same company in Australia a few years ago and was pleased with the way the company operated

5. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

We did the trip and hired from Maui. There service was excellent but the van was not very good. It wasn't until we travelled out of town and started to unpack that the lack of cleanliness hit us. We rang them and they said it had been valeted thoroughly. I assume they must employ blind cleaners.
    Got a discount when we returned it after 10 weeks. Good luck and that's what it appears to be as we had a real minger in New Zealand from them as well.