Motorhome Habitation Service

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by leeboy, Jan 21, 2015.

1. leeboy

leeboy Read Only Funster

Hi,
    can anyone please give me a ball park figure I should be expecting to pay for the first habitation service for my Chausson Flash Best of 10. Been quoted £340.00 which seems expensive, the Ford base vehicle service is only costing £169.00 and that includes 12 months European breakdown!
    Thanks,
    Lee.

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

That's robbery at that price .... £100 - £150 is quite enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

How much!!!!!! :Eeek: Who the heck has quoted that!!!! Its extortionate! :mad:

As its a Chausson you could try the chap we used to use:

http://www.rdhservicesltd.org.uk/index.html

We used to go to him as he was part of the service department of RDH motorhomes before they closed down but kept his Chausson warranty/service registration so he could officially work on them and keep your warranty etc intact. He still mentions Chausson on his home page so see if he is definitely registered as we haven't had a Chausson for over 2 years - worth a phone call.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

Think i paid around the £200 mark

5. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

I think the Chausson warranty depends on the work being done by a dealer. I think, given the price of major repairs outside of warranty, you might have to swallow it.

Bearing in mind, they won't even look at the diesel heater, it's a rip off!

An independent workshop would charge as little as £120.

6. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

These long water ingress warranties are a license to print money for the dealer!

Ours was only a 2 year warranty when we bought it. I've looked after it myself!

7. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

£100.. NCC approved and comes to the house. :)

oh. and is a Funster,...

8. maison

maison Funster

Just paid £152 for habitation service. Seemed very thorough too.

9. leeboy

leeboy Read Only Funster

That is Lowdhams in Nottingham, just phoned Highbridge in Somerset to compare and they Quoted £199.oo ! as jonandshell says, I'm sure I have to take it back to the supplying dealer to keep up the warranty.
    Lee.

10. maison

maison Funster

Who
    Short and curlies come to mind.:mad:

11. leeboy

leeboy Read Only Funster

Work this one out then, just phoned Lowdhams at Huddersfield and they quoted me £195.00. Can also do Saturday and Sunday appointments unlike their Nottingham branch!
    Lee.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Are you sure that £340 doesn't include servicing the engine ?

13. leeboy

leeboy Read Only Funster

Apparently not as they won't do the Ford part as it's still under Ford warranty.
    Lee.

14. Minxy Girl

It has to be done by a Chausson registered workshop as when completed it has to have the details entered direct into the Chausson computer system, using the same dealer does NOT come into it, if the dealer is trying to say that it does they are telling BIG porkies!

15. Minxy Girl

I too found out a heck of a discrepancy between both of the Lowdham's workshops when I was ringing round to try to get my Chausson's first hab done, each one is allowed to set their own prices, despite being part of the same group!

As I said before, ring the RDH-Services chap! We bought our Chausson from Highbridge some 250 miles from where we live and they were happy for us to have the service and warranty work carried out at RDH, it didn't cause any problems with warranty work either as we had to have a new habitation door and other bits sorted by RDH and it was done with Chausson's blessing. If we had managed to get Lowdhams to deem to do the habitation on it if it had needed any warranty work, despite them being Chausson registered, they told us they would NOT do it as it we didn't buy from them!

16. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi try Howard Barnett at leisure vehicle maintenance -mobile- LPG ACoP cert/truma /al-co service engineer 01226381047 --07973759224 I think he charges £150 for full service/inspection etc and if you give him my name (terry opposite Julie's) and tell him you are a member:) he has agreed to give fun members a discount---cannot remember if we agreed 5% or 10% off for anyone I gave his number to (y) ask (y);) He is mobile or you can take van to his premises at Carlton ind est -he is a nice man to deal with and does not cut cnrs
    terry

17. busby

busby Funster

Lowdam have always been rip off merchants...BUSBY...

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Wino

The Wino Funster

We have the same and would be interested to hear if you get a better deal at Huddersfield or manage to negociate cheaper at Nottingham . Just looked at their website it says hab services from £180!!!

19. Minxy Girl

Unless he is Chausson registered and can enter the details onto the Chausson system it won't be counted as being done so will void the warranty. It doesn't matter how GOOD the service engineer is it MUST comply with Chausson's requirement for it to be done by someone registered WITH THEM, not the NCC, or any other body, only Chausson ... believe me I went down this route myself and there is no get-out clause ... use a Chausson registered workshop or forget your warranty.

20. wingman

wingman Funster

I paid £215 yesterday at Marquis (which included clearing a semi-blocked water pump that they discovered during the check). Southern England prices I guess? Took three hours! Quite a comprehensive checklist. Needed it done with them because of warranty.

Over all, I'm happy with the service. Bit pricey, but at least everything checked and safe,