Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi,
can anyone please give me a ball park figure I should be expecting to pay for the first habitation service for my Chausson Flash Best of 10. Been quoted £340.00 which seems expensive, the Ford base vehicle service is only costing £169.00 and that includes 12 months European breakdown!
Thanks,
Lee.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How much!!!!!! :Eeek: Who the heck has quoted that!!!! Its extortionate! :mad:

As its a Chausson you could try the chap we used to use:

http://www.rdhservicesltd.org.uk/index.html

We used to go to him as he was part of the service department of RDH motorhomes before they closed down but kept his Chausson warranty/service registration so he could officially work on them and keep your warranty etc intact. He still mentions Chausson on his home page so see if he is definitely registered as we haven't had a Chausson for over 2 years - worth a phone call.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I think the Chausson warranty depends on the work being done by a dealer. I think, given the price of major repairs outside of warranty, you might have to swallow it.

Bearing in mind, they won't even look at the diesel heater, it's a rip off!

An independent workshop would charge as little as £120.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
These long water ingress warranties are a license to print money for the dealer!

Ours was only a 2 year warranty when we bought it. I've looked after it myself!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
£100.. NCC approved and comes to the house. :)

oh. and is a Funster,...

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Just paid £152 for habitation service. Seemed very thorough too.

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
How much!!!!!! :Eeek: Who the heck has quoted that!!!! Its extortionate! :mad:

As its a Chausson you could try the chap we used to use:

http://www.rdhservicesltd.org.uk/index.html

We used to go to him as he was part of the service department of RDH motorhomes before they closed down but kept his Chausson warranty/service registration so he could officially work on them and keep your warranty etc intact. He still mentions Chausson on his home page so see if he is definitely registered as we haven't had a Chausson for over 2 years - worth a phone call.
That is Lowdhams in Nottingham, just phoned Highbridge in Somerset to compare and they Quoted £199.oo ! as jonandshell says, I'm sure I have to take it back to the supplying dealer to keep up the warranty.
Lee.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Who
That is Lowdhams in Nottingham, just phoned Highbridge in Somerset to compare and they Quoted £199.oo ! as jonandshell says, I'm sure I have to take it back to the supplying dealer to keep up the warranty.
Lee.
Short and curlies come to mind.:mad:

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Work this one out then, just phoned Lowdhams at Huddersfield and they quoted me £195.00. Can also do Saturday and Sunday appointments unlike their Nottingham branch!
Lee.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Are you sure that £340 doesn't include servicing the engine ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Lee.
It has to be done by a Chausson registered workshop as when completed it has to have the details entered direct into the Chausson computer system, using the same dealer does NOT come into it, if the dealer is trying to say that it does they are telling BIG porkies!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Work this one out then, just phoned Lowdhams at Huddersfield and they quoted me £195.00. Can also do Saturday and Sunday appointments unlike their Nottingham branch!
Lee.
I too found out a heck of a discrepancy between both of the Lowdham's workshops when I was ringing round to try to get my Chausson's first hab done, each one is allowed to set their own prices, despite being part of the same group!

As I said before, ring the RDH-Services chap! We bought our Chausson from Highbridge some 250 miles from where we live and they were happy for us to have the service and warranty work carried out at RDH, it didn't cause any problems with warranty work either as we had to have a new habitation door and other bits sorted by RDH and it was done with Chausson's blessing. If we had managed to get Lowdhams to deem to do the habitation on it if it had needed any warranty work, despite them being Chausson registered, they told us they would NOT do it as it we didn't buy from them!

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try Howard Barnett at leisure vehicle maintenance -mobile- LPG ACoP cert/truma /al-co service engineer 01226381047 --07973759224 I think he charges £150 for full service/inspection etc and if you give him my name (terry opposite Julie's) and tell him you are a member:) he has agreed to give fun members a discount---cannot remember if we agreed 5% or 10% off for anyone I gave his number to (y) ask (y);) He is mobile or you can take van to his premises at Carlton ind est -he is a nice man to deal with and does not cut cnrs
terry

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Lee.

Lowdam have always been rip off merchants...BUSBY...

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have the same and would be interested to hear if you get a better deal at Huddersfield or manage to negociate cheaper at Nottingham . Just looked at their website it says hab services from £180!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hi try Howard Barnett at leisure vehicle maintenance -mobile- LPG ACoP cert/truma /al-co service engineer 01226381047 --07973759224 I think he charges £150 for full service/inspection etc and if you give him my name (terry opposite Julie's) and tell him you are a member:) he has agreed to give fun members a discount---cannot remember if we agreed 5% or 10% off for anyone I gave his number to (y) ask (y);) He is mobile or you can take van to his premises at Carlton ind est -he is a nice man to deal with and does not cut cnrs
terry
Unless he is Chausson registered and can enter the details onto the Chausson system it won't be counted as being done so will void the warranty. It doesn't matter how GOOD the service engineer is it MUST comply with Chausson's requirement for it to be done by someone registered WITH THEM, not the NCC, or any other body, only Chausson ... believe me I went down this route myself and there is no get-out clause ... use a Chausson registered workshop or forget your warranty.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I paid £215 yesterday at Marquis (which included clearing a semi-blocked water pump that they discovered during the check). Southern England prices I guess? Took three hours! Quite a comprehensive checklist. Needed it done with them because of warranty.

Over all, I'm happy with the service. Bit pricey, but at least everything checked and safe,

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Lowdhams Notts/Hudd. (Goodalls). We had a Hymer c/van from Hudd depot first rate service and we were at Notts depot looking at the new model Hymers and i just said to the wife,"Still got the door on the european side,but very nice". A chap was passing and aked if i could wait a couple of months,he said he was the Hudd. manager and went on to say even newer models coming, would have the door,"English" style .
I asked him not nastily,why you got better service at Hudd than at Notts,his reply. "When you drive ALL the way up onto the moor to our depot at Hudd,we KNOW you are serious,so get treated accordingly"
Could this be the answer ? We bought three c/vans from Hudd depot,then went m/homing,fell out with our Timberland Endeavour bought direct,(Everything,don't ask) took it into Notts and was offered less than half price and was told,"T/land do some odd layouts",i was parked next to a well known groups PVC,with the same layout. So...Vote with your feet !!
Tea Bag
PS. If the onsite cafe is still open at Hudd,treat yourselves.

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thank you all for your helpful replies, I shall be phoning rdh services as they are within 5 miles from me. Just shows not to rush into these things.
Regards,
Lee.

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi and i thought Brownhills was expensive at £240 (have to have it done their for warranty) maybe not as bad as i thought.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Simpsons of Gt Yarmouth £140 hab check for Autotrail.. ( Not helpful for your Chausson I know, but just to give "balance" )

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Tried to contact RDH but one no. not recognised other not amswered so booking in at Huddersfield!!!

OP
OP
L

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Tried to contact RDH but one no. not recognised other not amswered so booking in at Huddersfield!!!
Same here David, not answering at RDH so just booked into Lowdhams in Huddersfield, earliest Saturday I can get is in March so we are now booked in for then.
Lee.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Tried to book at Huddersfield but I work Sat until 1pm (in Leicester) and have Mondays off they can't book in Sat or book out on Mondays!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back